How do you get thin?
Here are suggestions from various WikiAnswer contributors:
- Excessive weight gain can be caused by many things including genetics. The most common reasons for weight gain are inappropriate food, by quantity or value, and lifestyle. The biggest of those is lifestyle. Natural growth patterns will see your weight rise and fall and it is important for your well-being to let your body do its own thing, within reason. But you must give it what it needs, at the right time and in the right proportions.
- Firstly, consult a medical professional and get checked out. If you are on meds, get that checked too. Some dosages are administered according to weight. Some are not compatible with a diet regime.
- A lot of people think getting thin is where you don't eat anything at all, that actually damages your stomach and your other organs, so don't do it. If you are one of those that like a McDonalds or a KFC or pizza regularly, restrict yourself to once a week and just one small fast food product. They have a very high calorific value and can contain a high proportion of saturated fat and salt. Eat less sweets and cakes. Eat more fruit and vegetables. Tinned can be almost as good as fresh but a check on what preservatives are used and select wisely.
- Stay properly hydrated. Cut out carbonated junk drinks and drink fruit juice or smoothies or just water instead. Reduce your intake of sugar and alcohol. Slowly reduce the size of your meals, educate your stomach and brain to accept less and still feel full. Use smaller plates (using blue crockery is said to suppress appetite). If you feel hungry don't drink plain water. The stomach sees no value and passes it straight away. Have a smoothie or soup. The stomach sees value and retains it longer.
- Exercise is very important. If you don't exercise you are on the wrong road for losing weight. Get out in the daylight; it keeps your bones strong. Walk, run or cycle rather than car ride. Balance your diet. Plan your day and plan your intake to match your needs i.e. if your day contains great physical activity, boost the carbs for energy in the meal before you need it. If your day is sedentary, you don't need the carbs. Avoid eating after seven at night and never pig out in front of the TV. Its hard to loose weight and even harder to keep it off. Find the whole-life balance plan that works for you, stick at it and you'll be a success.
- 1. Regularly do exercise at least for half an hour daily, do it either in the morning or in the evening according to your wish. 2. Control yourself on fatty foods. No burgers, pizzas, cheese sandwich, ice creams. 3. Go for natural juice like orange or lime, something with citrus. 4. Drink a lot of water. 5. Go for walks. 6. Drink hot water in between your meal adequately as this can absorb the fatty content in your food. 7. Keep smiling and this can add beauty to you. 8. Sleep well and adjust your sleeping time say for 6 to 8 hours daily. 9. Do gardening as this can give you more physical exercise. 10. Climb as many stairs as you can, avoid taking elevators.
For in-depth information, or for weight loss plans and charts, see the questions and answers, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.