Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-12-18 20:08:43

Elevated properties are less likely to become flooded, so presenting proof of an elevated property (the elevation certificate) can potentially lower your flood insurance premiums.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Because the insurance company wants to know if your home is located above the flood level. It's used to help determine if you are in a flood zone.

Try your county planning office. Here in PA the office is located at the court house. Our Planning office has all flood zones and flood elevations. Hope this helps.

Flood insurance can be purchased from the government from the national flood insurance program (NFIP). If your community participates you can purchase flood insurance from your insurance agencie through the national flood insurance program.

No. Several insurance companies offer flood insurance apart from the National Flood Insurance Program.

If your property is in a flood plain or your mortgagor requires flood insurance, no, you cannot cancel flood insurance.

Flood insurance is generally not included in homeowners insurance policies, so you may want to consider flood insurance. Flood insurance is required in some flood zones. Contact your local insurance agent to find out if your vacation home is in a flood zone that requires flood insurance.

"Flood Insurance" will cover damage resulting from a Flood. Homeowners Insurance will not.

If you live in a flood zone then you must have flood insurance. It is not covered by normal homeowners insurance. It is basically a federal program.

No, Flood insurance will not cover your Automobile. Your Comprehensive Auto Insurance will cover flood damage to your Car.

Anyone.You don't have to own the property in order to get flood insurance.The waiting period for flood insurance is 30 days, unless the insurance coverage is required from your bank.

Homeowner's insurance policies do not cover flood damage. You will need a Flood Insurance policy and to get one you will have to apply and wait 30 days.

No. Flood insurance is purchased by the homeowner to provide coverage for losses elated to flooding. The president has nothing to do with your flood insurance.

Engine, not motor, and that depends on your insurance policy. If you don't have flood insurance specifically, flood damage is typically not covered.

Yes, The National Flood Insurance Program through FEMA facilitates Market placement of Flood Coverage for homes located in a flood zone

If you have flood insurance it will cover damage resulting from a flood. It does not matter if a national disaster has been declared or not.

Yes Atlas insurance does cover flood damage. They also secure food insurance that you may need and also provide you with insurance to replace your assets which were damaged in the flood.

No, you are not protected from a flood with your basic homeowners insurance. Most companies that sell homeowners insurance will probably sell flood insurance as well, but it will be it's own purchase.

Flood InsuranceNo. Homeowners Insurance does not cover Floods in the United States. You will need to purchase a separate Flood Insuurance Policy for your home to be covered for a Flood.

Most major insurance companies will have flood insurance as part of their portfolio. Cost of this insurance will depend on property and water proximity.

AnswerOnly when that home Insurance Policy has A Flood Insurance Policy Form. Flood Insurance is required before it will pay for Flood related damage.

I know they have flood insurance.

That depends upon your insurance agent, but the chances are very good. Mine accepted a credit card. You should probably pay it before you get flooded, though.

That depends. If the renter has their own flood insurance then the renter could certainly file a claim on it they have a flood loss. If your asking can the renter file a claim on the Property owners flood insurance then the answer would be no. The owners flood insurance would be specific to the owners property, not property belonging to a tenant.