answersLogoWhite
Environmental Issues
Mice and Rats
Skunks
Poisons and Toxins

How long does it take for rat poison to work?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2014-08-20 16:50:48

We have used four boxes of poison for not quite 4 days now. 2 'feeding' locations have been used out of the 4. We know of 3 rats for sure, as we saw them, and maybe more. The 3 previous nights they ate A LOT and we have had to replenish their supply at one location, with a box that they never touched from another location. Last night was the 1st night they did not eat a thing and we haven't seen any of them this morning. Usually we see them going into hiding by this time. So now we know it probably worked and now we are waiting for the smell ... yikes! This is all we could do about these pests as nothing else worked. (plug in electromagnetic devices don't work for rats but generally mice)

It is also important to have water to enhance the effectiveness of the poison. For those of you concerned of certain traps making them suffer, not to worry. Many animals especially Rodents don't have a sense of conscious that we do. When they experience pain it isn't terrible or inhumane. Nor does it stretch out like it does for us. They run mainly on instincts and are in a self hypnotic state. (Many young children will eat, sleep, talk, etc while in this state for as old at 7 or 8 years old) Those years went like a flash to them. Animals its a common state of mind making there suffering next to nothing. The actual time depends on amount of ingestion, hydration, physical activity etc. Also ingredients vary the time as well plus size of Rat. On a average it is fatal from 36-72 hours.

As a extra note as most rat poisons are high doses of blood thinners.

001
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0
User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions


No amount of rat poison will ever kill "the man".


Depends on how much of the poison it ate & what type of poison it was. Some poisons take 24 hours to work, other a few minutes.


it takes roughly about as long as it takes to eat a grape


Well this will vary by the brand and type of rat poison, generly not much. Hence the name 'rat poison'. If your rat has eaten rat poison i would advise that you take them to the vet emedietly.


Rat poison can kill a human. The time it takes to kill a human depends on how much is taken and the weight of the person taking it.


You are an idiot that needs to be in prison. Why don't YOU take the rat poison yourself


YES! If a child ingests rat poison, take them to the hospital immediately!



Call your local poison control center immediately and take him to the emergency room. Rat poison is POISON.


A few days to a week will do it. The poison is actually a potent blood thinner (warfarin - the same thing as Coumadin), so they bleed internally and that's what kills them.


No, rat poison is an anticoagulant (it causes them to bleed to death after getting into a fight with another rat). Long ago rat poison contained arsenic, but it has never contained cyanide. The switch to an anticoagulant was done because it is safer.


Yes, for sure, they are rodents.


Take the dog to the vet. Rat poison contains a chemical in it that makes the blood thin and your dog will bleed out. That's how the rat is killed.


Alligators aren't immune to snake poison, Rat poison is questionable. I imagine it'd have to be a hefty dose to take out an adult alligator though.


homer has to take a dog, a baby, and the rat poison to the other side of the lake but can only take one at a time.


To kill the pigeons with rat poison, you will have to poison their food with the rat poison. You can poison the water that the pigeons drink and the cereals that the pigeons eat.


If you think your dog has ingested poison, or another animal that was poisoned (such as a rat that ate rat poison), he should be taken immediately to the vet.


No, rat poison will not kill roaches. Rat poison is designed to stop blood clotting and the rat dies from internal bleeding.


There is no rat poison in toothpaste. Never.


Barium is used for rat poison.


Take your dog to a vet immediately - depending on the type of rat poison it may be dangerous to your dog to vomit the poison back up.


No, it could not, because the poison was specifically designed to kill rats, and was developed as a rat poison/killer, not a human poison/killer. It would still be considered rat poison, even if the human died from the rat poison.


There are many elements in rat poison. The most well known of all elements in rat poison is the infamous arsenic.


it is a proven face that it is rat poison it is a proven face that it is rat poison it is a proven face that it is rat poison


It can poison them pretty badly i think. Take him straight to a vet!



Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.