How much of the water on earth is frozen?
Of earths freshwater is 79% in ice caps.
All of it All of it
The answer depends on the context: Do you want: frozen water as a percentage of all water on earth? frozen water as a percentage of all matter on earth? frozen water as a percentage of all water in the solar system, or beyond? frozen water as a percentage of all matter in the solar system, or beyond? There are other possible interpretations.
Technically, none of it. The hydrosphere is the liquid water on Earth. The Cryosphere is the ice. However, only 3 percent of the water on Earth is fresh, 97 % is salt water. Of that 3 % frsh water, 85 % is frozen so 85% of 3% of the water is frozen. So, 2.55% of Earths water is frozen.
Only about 1.7% of the world's total water is trapped in glaciers and ice caps, but about 68.7% of fresh water on Earth is frozen in them.
Of all the water on Earth, 98% is in the oceans. Of the remaining 2%, about 96% is frozen. So somewhere around 1.97% is frozen.
~71% of the earth is covered with water, of that ~97% is salt and ~3% is fresh (2% of fresh water is frozen, only about 1% is available)
2% of all the water on Earth is frozen fresh water.
About 2 percent of the world's water is frozen. Water covers the surface of Earth at a rate of 70 percent.
Antarctica's fresh water cache is about 70% of all the fresh water on earth -- frozen in its ice sheet that covers 98% of the continent.
Water expands by nine percent (9%) when frozen.
There is a large debate over how much of Earth's fresh water is trapped in frozen ice caps and glaciers. Many agree that the number is somewhere between 58 and 70 percent.
The North Pole of the earth is water- frozen.
-- liquid water -- frozen water
Mars is full of frozen water and once was like Earth
Frozen water like earth has
there is not much water in the tundra but it is usually frozen all year.
twice as much
72% of the Earth is covered with water. Only 3% of that is usable drinking water. The rest is salt water or frozen in glaciers.
Earth is closer. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars...
well the temperature of the earth is rising, and since icebergs are pretty much big chucks of frozen water, when they melt were stuffed 'cause it'll end up with probably half the earth underwater
Less then 1% of the Earth's waters are drinkable. There is roughly 2.4% fresh water in the whole world and most of it is frozen. So technically 2.4%, but since a majority is completely frozen over, less then 1%. 3% is drinkable but 2% is frozen. So 1% is really the answer.
Normally called a glacier.
collectively all the frozen water of earth is called as Cryosphere
75% if your on A+
If you mean the precipitation of frozen water then only Earth.
about 7/10 of earth's fresh water is frozen in glaciers and icebergs.
There is some indirect evidence of frozen water on the Moon, no one can be sure of how much exactly.
70% of the Earth's surface is water. Of this 70%, 98% is salt water, leaving 2% as fresh water. Of the 2% that is fresh, about 90% is frozen.
During global warming all of the water was frozen leading to not much water now that it got warmer (green house affect ) there is more water now than then written by a fifth grader
It has frozen water, an atmosphere, sand, and rocks on it.
So far only Earth but scientist have found frozen water on Mars
Out of all the water on Earth, only 2.75 percent is fresh water, including 2.05 percent frozen in glaciers, 0.68 percent as groundwater and 0.011 percent of it as surface water in lakes and rivers.
about 2% of water is frozen and is fresh water
The Earth is solid except for the water, the Moon is solid, but scientists have found frozen rivers...
3% though 2% of that 3% is frozen -------------------------------------- 1% fresh 2%frozen 97% salt
About 97% of the Earth's water is in the ocean. Of the 3% that is not, about 69% is frozen in ice caps and glaciers.
The Earth's shape is roughly an oblate spheroid The Earth has an atmosphere There is frozen, liquid and gaseous water on Earth.
About 71% of Earth's surface is covered by water; the hydrosphere. The hydrosphere is all of the water in and on the earth. How much of that water is fresh? 97% of the water on Earth is salt water. This means that only 3% of the hydrosphere is fresh water. Why do you think "hydro" means water? Of that 3%, 85% of the fresh water is frozen in glaciers and ice-caps. Thus, just 15% of… Read More
On the earth there is air. There is no air on the moon Air, liquid water (There actually is frozen water on the Moon), life, Almost everything. On Earth, you can find liquid water, a substantial atmosphere, and lifeforms.
One of mars's poles is frozen water and the other pole is dry ice (frozen co2)
Frozen in the icecaps (in the form of ice at the poles).
Earth has, and it's been suggested that Mars may have.
No. The movie shows his death he died because he was in the frozen water to much wich caused him to be a frozen zombie beccause when you stay in frozen water that is below zero you freeze in the water and turn like a zombie
Earth is just the right distance from the sun, receiving just enough energy to allow liquid water to exist on the planets surface. If earth were a little further away, then the water would be frozen as ice, while much closer and the water would boil away as water vapour. Liquid water is essential for allowing life to exist.
If you knew that some water was located in the largest fresh water reserve on Earth where would you expect to find it?
Earth has 1 moon, Mars has 2 Mars is smaller and Earth is bigger Mars only has frozen water, Earth has all states of water (liquid, gas, and solid)
Earth has 75% of water
About 71% of earth is covered by water.
Scientists believe that there was water on mars before. It might have been frozen.
Cryosphere refers to the frozen water which is part of the Earth system.Such as icebergs, glaciers,and snow.