Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-01-01 02:28:16
2012-01-01 02:28:16

With a court order, any age. Without, 18.


Related Questions

I would think it would be 18 or if you can prove the noncustodial parent is causing harm to the child.

Without proof of the parent being an unfit one or proof of abuse, a child can not choose to end court ordered visitations. A child can ask the court for an amendment of visitation at the age of 16. But will most likely need a lawyer to represent them, and file the papers with the court.

Yes, if you have court ordered visitation and pay child support etc, she needs your permission as well as the courts to move. The court orders has to be followed.

For our daughter it was 18 years of age. or he or she can become emancipated at 16 years of age through family court.. which in terms deems the minor an adult. The person is no longer required to visit non custodial parent.

at what age can my child stop going for visitation ??

A child has to follow a visitation schedule until they are 18. They may stop visiting if the courts orders it.

Children who are at an age of understanding, and able to make informed decisions for themselves (to a point) can choose to reduce or stop visitation. If possible, the custodial parent can petition the court to modify the custody and visitation with the request of the teenager, and the Judge may want to ask the teen some questions regarding their choice.

When they move out of the custodial parent's home see links

Visitation should not be dependent on child support. How would the child feel losing the parent? Keep that issue in front of the judge.

No. Visitation and child support are 2 separate issues and changing any of the court orders you have to go back to the court that issued them. There might be good reasons why a parent can not pay all of a sudden and denying the child a parent because of it is not in the best interest of the child. Visitation is not an award for paying child support.

See Link BelowChild Support Age-At what age does child support stop and what steps need to be taken to bring this about?

No - they are separate matters. If the custodial parent is denying court-ordered visitation, file a complaint with that court.

If you're in the US, the age is 18. Until then, if the parent has court-ordered visitation, it has to be followed. If there is a legitimate reason the child does not want to visit the parent, the custodial parent can petition the court to revise the visitation order. Be aware the court will not deny a parent the right to visitation without a very good reason.

NO. The person ordered to pay the support must petition the court for that.

18. The parents can go and have the visitation order modified in court if they agree with the child stopping the visitations before 18.

This is hard to answer because there can be many variables involved. The noncustodial parent may contest the move and take the custodial parent to court to show cause. But it may not be possible for the noncustodial parent to actually prevent the move unless the move is out of state.

custodial parent should take it to court. if the custodial parent keeps the child away from the non custodial parent then the custodial parent could do jail time

I think they should go to court and from there the judge will decide.

Legally the parent has to allow court ordered visitation. The child has to go along with the plan.In a practical sense, the parents could discuss the matter and then work with the child to find a middle ground. As children grow older, they often prefer not to have their lives interrupted and so it is better to have shorter visits rather than the extended visits that are part of the lives of younger children.AnswerYes. The visitation order remains in effect until it has been modified by the court. Generally, a child cannot make the decision to end visitations until the age of eighteen. The parents should try to remedy the situation that makes the child want to stop the visits. If there is a good reason to stop the visits the custodial parent must return to court and request a modification. Until the visitation order is modified the non-custodial parent can file a motion for contempt of a court order against the custodial parent if the visitation order is violated.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.