Asked in Runaways

If an almost 17-year-old moves in with his grandmother because his parents are moving and he does not want to leave his pregnant girlfriend could he be considered a runaway?


User Avatar
Wiki User

Varies by individual state law. Best bet would be to anonymously call your local police department and ask. Also depends if "grandma" gives permission and whether or not parnts are notified. Law enforcement officials will not get involved when the issue is related to family members. If the parents of the minor objected, they would need to obtain an order from the court of jurisdiction to have the minor returned to their custody.