Best Answer

Depends if it is a single trailer or a double-wide

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2009-06-03 20:34:49
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If mother has sole custody never married father can husband get custody of step child before mother dies?
Write your answer...
Related questions

If the mother has sole physical custody and shares joint legal custody with the father the two never married if the mother dies can her husband who is not the baby's biological father assume custody?

No, unless the baby's biological father relenquishes his parental rights, he would get custody of the child if the mother dies, not her husband. The biological father must sign his rights away to the mother's husband.

What custody rights does a father and a husband have to his children after a year of no contact with the children?

Generally, if married he has custody rights equal to the mother unless she has brought a petition for sole custody in his absence. If he is not married his custody rights must be established by a court order.

In Pennsylvania if you get married before you have the baby who has legal rights to the baby my husband or the father?

the father but that's only if the real dad lets the step dad take custody of the kid. if you dont know who that babii daddy is then your tuff luck

Does a mother have custody before the case goes to trial if she never married the father?

: No she does not. : Until you go to court the parent who is in possession of the child has custody.

Who gets custody of a child when the married mother dies and biological father does not have rights?

I assume this to be an out of wedlock, extra marital affair child. Her husband.

Your daughter died She has 2 children She was married but husband did not adopt the children you are the grandmother Do you have legal custody?

Unless he was designated in the Will, but the father can also challenge.

Do you have full custody of your son if his father left?

It depends on your legal status before and after the father left. If you are married then he still has full parental rights until a court renders a custody order. If you have been divorced custody should have been addressed in the divorce decree. If you were never married and he has no previously established custodial rights then you have full legal custody.

When a child is born does the father automaticaly have joint custody?

Married or not. If not married, No. If married, father is assumed by law to be the father of the baby.

If you get married before you have the baby who has legal rights to the baby my husband or the father?

Depends on your state. In MI, the legal father of the child is the mother's husband. If your child's father is not going to be your husband, do the right thing and let him be involved.

Who has legal custody rights until judges says different if the parents are not married he is on the birth certificate and is married to someone else?

If you were not married when the child arrived the legal custody lies with the mother. The father have to prove paternity in court before he can get his parental rights.

What are the rights of the father of a married womans unborn child when the father is not her husband?

The father has created an extremely complicated legal situation. He has no rights unless he obtains them through a court order. The husband of a married woman is presumed by law to be the father of any children born during the marriage. If the mother is willing he can execute an affidavit of parentage and then initiate a custody case to obtain joint custody. He should consult with an attorney who can review his situation and explain all his rights and obligations under the laws in his jurisdictions.

Can a father get custody of his child if he is not married?


If you were never married to your child's father and you have sole legal and physical custody who gets custody if you die?

The childs' father, married or not. Your relationship to the father is irrelevent. The father is the first on a long list of family members. Create a living will if that is not acceptable.

Can a mother and her boyfriend or husband file for full custody of the mothers children together that you share joint custody with your exhusband who is the childrens father?

Boyfriend or husband (unless he is the biological father) has no legal right to the child at all. The mother can try to go for full custody though.

What rights does a mother have if custody hasn't been established?

If you are not married the custody automatically falls on the mother and the father have to go to court to get visitation or custody. If you are married you have equal rights.

What rights does a father have in custody of child?

If the parents are married they have equal rights. If not married, the mother in general have sole custody in most states until the father have established his paternity. When he has done that by DNA test he can petition for custody and visitation in court.

If you marry into a family how does your husband get joint custody?

Your husband cannot get joint custody of your children from a prior marriage. Custody arrangements are made between parents of children. Your present husband can legally adopt your children with their father's consent. He would then have all the legal rights and obligations of a biological father. The children would become his legal heirs-at-law.

Your mother has full custody. Would your father have to consent for you to get married?

No. If your mother has sole legal custody she can consent to your getting married.

Who gets custody of a child born in prison in AZ mother is in prison father is not they are married.?

If they are legally married, the father gets rights until mother gets out of prison, after that it is up to the state. If not legally married, they go into state custody.

Can a mother keep a child away from the father if they are still married?

No, if they are married they have equal custody.

Who has the custody of a child if the parents aren't married in Michigan?

The mother. The father have to apply for visitation and custody in court.

Does the birth mother have automatic custody if she and father are married?

No, although most courts favor custody to the mother.

What rights to custody does a noncustodial parent have when there is no custody agreement?

Single father has none. Married father is equal to that of the mother, but in application, unenforceable. see links

Who has custody if the father of your child and you never were married?

Generally in the United States an unmarried mother has sole custody until the father has established his paternity legally.

Who has custody if the child lives with you full time in pa?

And you are? If the parents were not married the mother has custody until the father can petition for it after he has proved paternity in court. If married you have equal custody. Just living with you does not give you custody. it has to go through court.