Asked in
Divorce and Marriage Law
Birth Certificates

If you are married and the child is not your husbands can you put the biological fathers name on the birth certificate?


User Avatar
Wiki User
May 19, 2008 8:52AM

Yes, but you will have to let them know generally they put the husband as father weather he is or not it is assumed. Answer It depends on where you live. If you live in the US... In some states your husband can sign a denial of paternity and the biological father can sign an acknowledgment of paternity (both of these forms must be signed!) and that allows bio-dad's name to go on the birth certificate. But in the state I live in, that is not an option-hubby's name goes on the birth certificate and remains there until a court orders otherwise, so it has to go to court.