Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-07-09 07:18:32

There is no deductible for liability claims.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

The voluntary deductible is the amount of your deductible agreed too when you purchased your insurance coverage. It's considered voluntary because we can choose our deductibles. Of course, the lower the deductible, the higher the rate.

Yes, and your spouse will end up with an at-fault accident on their record. The collision deductible will apply to the damage on the car that your spouse was driving and there will not be a deductible for the damage to the parked car. Maybe. Check with your agent, but some policies specifically exempt damage caused by another vehicle on the same policy. It prevents people with two junkers from having driveway "accidents" where both vehicles are totaled but no one is hurt. Of course, they can still drive both cars into a brick wall.

An accident policy is an insurance policy that will pay all or a portion of medical expenses incurred in the course of an accident.

Really?... Of course she would be able to. YOU totaled it. She could take you to court and sue you for damage to personal property. You will lose.

Of course but if your deductible is higher than the value of the claim then there is no reason to.

Of course, age doesn't matter. If you have a valid license and have a current insurance policy you can claim the accident.

IF your policy has coverage for "additional structures" and most do. Then you should have coverage, subject to your deductible of course

The annual deductible is the aggregate maximum amount that the insurance policy requires the insured(s) to pay over the course of a year in deductibles. Stated otherwise, a deductible will normally be incurred for each physician's visit, medical test, or other procedure. There may come a point however, during the course of the year, when the total of all of those deductibles meet or exceed the annual deductible (specified in the policy). At that point the annual deductible will have been met and until the start of the new policy year, no further individual deductibles will have to be paid.

If they were the permissive driver of your vehicle in an accident (and got the dui), your policy will be paying for the damages (subject to any policy exclusions, and assuming the drunk was at fault) Insurance stays with the vehicle. So any rate increase that this accident generates will be on your policy, as well (of course) as your collison deductible. If you are asking what happens if they were just driving your vehicle and got a dui, no accident or loss. I doubt anything will happen. You might want to rethink who you let drive your vehicle though.

Yes, but it of course will not cover the accident. Also adding collision or comprehensive is likely wasted money, due to the reduced value of the car.

Yes. Of course you are always subject to your deductible but other wize they should pay the claim.

If a victim of a simple car accident claims injuries, it is best to talk to your insurance as soon as possible. Your insurance company will then require that the victim's insurance company provides proof of injury. If it is found that the victim is injured, your insurance company will instruct you on the next course of action.

Probably not. Although the insurance company may give you a discount for taking the course, it will probably be much less than the amount your insurance went up after the accident.

If you have comprehensive coverage on your auto policy it will cover storm damage to your vehicle, subject to your deductible of course.

Many types of insurance is sold at insurance markets for example, you might be able to find; auto, health, accident, casualty, life, property, liability and credit insurance. Of course it varies from company to company.

Automobiles are covered by Auto Insurance. If you have full coverage auto it will repair any damages caused to your vehicle by the shopping cart, minus your deductible of course. Homeowners Insurance does not cover automobiles, if it did, we would have no need for car insurance.

It would not affect her current claim but lowering of her deductible would then affect any future claims. Of course the premium would be slightly higher in exchange for the lower deductible. The company will also want to examine the vehicle to make sure repairs are done from the previous accident before lowering the deductible.

If two cars crash and neither driver has insurance, the police officer arriving on the scene will of course both issue you tickets for no insurance, and your license can be suspended. The officer will also determine who was at fault, generally the faulty party is responsible for damages. Otherwise you are both on your own for being negligent for not having insurance at the time of the accident.

Usually, yes. Check your policy for details, but comp usually covers any kind of damage (subject to a deductible, of course) that occurs when NOT related to a moving accident - if a tree falls on your car, or it's broken into , or something like that. It covers a lot of stuff, which is why they call it 'comprehensive'....

Whether it be a car accident or vandalism, the person who did it is responsible. Go for it! If the police were called in then go and get the information from them. They can tell what course to take so you can take action. Assuming the deductible pertains to the homeowner's insurance then it might be possible depending upon the terms of the policy. Generally the homeowner will have to sue the person who is responsible for the damages in order to obtain restitution. This type of claim is usually a matter for small claims court. The best way to find out your options is to contact your homeowner's claims department. I'm surprised that your homeowners insurance hasn't taken care of this for you. Most insurances will go after the auto insurance to get payment. If the owner of the vehicle is uninsured and has no resources you may be stuck with the deductible, otherwise YOUR insurance company should have taken care of everything for you. Check into this. If the car wasn't insured, be grateful for what you have. If the car WAS insured and your insurance company didn't take care of it ALL, change insurance companies.

Well in 2 different states that I have lived and worked in the insurance follows the vehicle not the person. If someone is letting you borrow there vehicle then they are accepting responsibility for your actions, therefore the accident would be covered on there policy. Of course I would check with state laws to make sure.

If she was driving your car, notify your agent. If it was her mom's car, then her insurance is responsible, and, of course, if your daughter was driving her own vehicle, she would have her own insurance.

Of course they got in a car accident!

Assuming, of course, that it is a kind of loss that is covered by the insurance, in general, the answer is No. However, it may cover the materials that you have to purchase for the job. Note, though, that the cost of materials may be less than your deductible. If so, you will have to absorb the expense.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.