Homeowner's Insurance
Antique & Classic Cars

If you have a classic car that is not covered and it cause a fire and burns your home Will it be covered by the homeowners policy?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-23 08:49:56
2011-09-23 08:49:56

Yes, Your homeowners Insurance Policy will cover fire damage to your home.

AnswerYou better contact your insurance agent on that one.
User Avatar

Related Questions

A lamp burn on your carpet may be covered by homeowners insurance. It will depend on the policy that you have since all policies and companies are different in what they cover.

As long as the estate is active and has not been probated, the beneficiaries have no interest in the home yet. Another issue here is that if no one is living in the home you cannot buy a homeowners policy on the home. Once the owner died the homeowners insurance is only good for 90 days after the home was no longer occupied, whether or not you are paying for the homeowners policy. The best you will get if it burns is a return of part of your premium. What you need to get is a Dwelling Fire policy and make sure it is listed as vacant. The answer to your question is whoever legally owns the home should sign the application. Once the estate is probated the home transfers ownership them the beneficiaries sign a new application for a homeowners application. To qualify for the homeowners policy the owner and occupant must be the same person or persons.

This could happen in some rare cases if the neglect is particularly "gross or egregious" in nature. Most homeowners policy forms do have language that releases the insurer from liability for certain types of Gross negligence.

It depends on your policy, what is broken and how it broke. A lightning strike which burns out the well pump is probably covered. A collapsed well casing due to age is probably not covered.

The structure is covered but the contents of the restaurant are not. For instance, your ovens, sinks, dishes fixtures, tables,etc would not be covered. You must have liability insurance for the CONTENTS of the restaurant. I don't know everything about insurance, but I do know that liability insurance won't replace your furnishings. You will need the commercial equivalent of the comprehensive part of Homeowners Insurance.

Burns & Wilcox is an independent insurance broker. They specialize in excess and surplus lines of insurance. They also offer car and homeowners insurance.

They can be. There's not really enough information in your question to give a concise answer.Some questions to ask yourself:Are their exlusions in the policy that would not cover this? (read the policy)Was someone negligent in setting the water temperature (i.e. did someone crank the thermostat all the way up and create a hazard)?If the burns are simply an accident, then you may be covered. Again, read the policy. If you are being sued by someone not in your family that was burned in your home by hot water, consider getting the opinion of a legal professional on how to handle the situation.If a family member has been burned accidentally, using medical insurance may be a "better" option than filing a claim with your homeowner's insurance.Good luck with this one. I hope that no one has been seriously hurt.

They covered the burn with lard.

Wounds such as third-degree burns must be covered as quickly as possible to prevent infection or loss of fluid.

they covered the burn in egg white

Most policies would be written to restore the policy holder from damage that occurs on the insured property to items that are kept on the property. If you were responsible for the other person's property (you were borrowing it) and you could document the loss, you could argue that you should be made whole. You could, under most policies, seek replacement cost for property damage that was caused by your actions on your property (you drop a bucket of paint off a ladder onto your buddy's car parked in your driveway). This, on some policies, is extended to damage caused by you or occupants of the insured property while riding a bicycle, covered under the policy, off your property. Likewise, damage caused by your dog that gets loose may be covered. There is no way to give a tighter answer than "Maybe". You need to discuss the specific incident with your homeowners' claim adjuster. You may need to have notified the insurance company of certain things beforehand. It is unlikely that your homeowners' policy will pay for a 'big-ticket' item unless you had itemized it beforehand e.g., you are storing your buddy's car in your garage and the garage burns...if you didn't notify that you were storing the car, you may be on the hook for it.

Electrical burns should be loosely covered with sterile gauze pads and the person taken to the hospital for further treatment.

If people getting x-rays are not covered they can get serious burns.

William F. Burns has written: 'An overview of U.S. arms control objectives' -- subject(s): Nuclear arms control, Disarmament, Military policy

Maybe but each burn is a separate incident subject to your Comprehensive or Other Than Collision deductible.

If you do not get another policy the mortgage company will procure its own policy which will only cover your home. The policy covers the bank's interest, not yours. For example, if your home burns down, the "forced placed policy" will not cover any damage to your contents.

HOAIt means our policy is based on actual value rather than replacement cost. It means that the insurance company is not guaranteeing you the replacement of your home if it burns down. For example, your insurance policy limit is $200,000, but the cost of replacing your home is $210,000, if you had a replacement policy, the insurance would pay for the replacement of your home despite the fact that your insurance limit is only $200,000. However, the insured value at the time of the loss is usually required to be at least 80% of the replacement cost before your policy is covered on a replacement cost basis.

she did'nt she ended up dying from leuchemia she was covered in burns and the radioactivy gave her cancer

heat burnsfrost burnsfirst second and third degree burnsside burns :)heart burnsrug burnsfreezer burnssun burnsIndian burnsrope burn

Treating minor burns - Cool the skin with running cool water for 10/20 minutes (do not use ice, creams or anything greasy). Cover the burn using cling film or a plastic bag. Take a painkiller. Do not break any blisters. Treating chemical burns, as already described but a cool damp towel may be applied. Electrical burns should be referred to Hospital

If you have paid off your mortgage and do not have a lien on the home you are not required to have insurance in most placed. But only a fool would not have basic homeowners insurance even if they were not required to. What if your home burns down?

IF the home is financed, the lender will require fire and hazard insurance. The policy will at a minimum cover the lender's cost.

No, butter is non sterile and will likely lead to infection, burns should be cooled with cold water and covered with cellophane to keep it clean

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.