Home Electricity

If you have a large building you want to subdivide into smaller units can you put a new meter into each unit leaving the existing cabling intact?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 19:29:30
2015-07-15 19:29:30

It should not be a problem. Contact your power company and they will be able to set this up for you.

i am assuming that the existing building has a single electrical service. you will have to divide the "new" units "existing" wiring into groups for connection into the new service panels/meter loops that are to be installed. this is about the only way that the users of the units will be able to pay their "fair share" ... sure keeps down the bickering over who is using how much ;-) !


Related Questions

User Avatar

It keeps the hot air from leaving your house.

User Avatar

it gives people a place where they can go to many stores without leaving the building.

User Avatar

because they have enough cash on hand to be able to share with existing shareholders without leaving the company with little cash on hand.

User Avatar

yes, you can try starving them by building a wall around them and leaving them to die.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.