Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2014-08-21 08:21:23

In most cases they can drive your vehicle but most insurance companies have restrictions on the age of the driver, usually 25 or older. It is best to check with your insurance company before letting someone else drive your vehicle.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

It depends how old are you and whether or not you are an insured driver under the terms of the terms of your Dad's insurance policy. Your Dad's insurance agent can tell you if you are insured to drive the vehicle.

short answer no, unless your insurance policy states any driver, then you will still have to check for any age restrictions. Drivers with comprehensive insurance will generally have emergency cover to drive other cars but this will only be third party, again you will need to check your policy documents.

normally if you have fully comprehensive insurance you are insured to drive any car with permission but only third party. its legal but its not ideal if you have an accident as it will only pay out for the 'other persons car', not the one that your driving. the cost of any repairs to the car you are driving will be YOUR responsibility. always check your policy to make sure that this is offered as part of your fully comprehensive package.

Fully comprehensive cover will allow you to drive others peoples cars, with their permission, but only on a thrid party basis, and you have to be over 21.

No only those designated by the insurance holder may drive the car.

Anytime you make a claim with your own insurance company against someone else's company or their company directly, the company taking the claim by law has to fully verify and investigate the claim being made. Not only that, no insurance company in their right mind would pay out insurance claims without checking them out first.

Unauthorized Use of a Motor VehicleWhen someone takes your car without permission it's called "Auto Theft". You call the police and make a theft report. You would not be responsible for damages a thief incurs while in the commission of a crime. If you fail to make a Police Report then you have in effect given "Implied Permission" to use your vehicle and you can be held fully liable for any and all damages that result from it's use. AnswerIn California, your auto insurance covers you and anyone you give permission to drive your car. Depending on who was at fault, you and/or your friend could find yourselves in very uncomfortable positions. You can play out the scenarios from here.

If someone wants to get landlord liability insurance then they can contact their normal house insurance company. Large companies such as Aviva and Cornell will do landlord policies and it is a good idea for any landlord to be fully insured.

No, You should refer to your Insurance policy terms and conditions or ask your Insurance Agent. Certain vehicles such as Commercial vehicles and others are excluded from coverage on Personal Auto Insurance policies.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. You cannot insure a vehicle that you do not own on your insurance policy no matter what kind of coverage you have. Your insurance policy will not pay anything even if you have added the vehicle on your policy without their knowledge.

It will depend on the driver's car insurance company. In case that driver gets into a car accident, it would be presumed his car insurance will step in to settle the damages.

The website, InsureMyTrip, is a travel insurance site. If someone is planning a vacation and wants to ensure that it is fully protected in case of emergency, one can purchase a number of insurance packages from this site.

A life insurance policy becomes "fully paid up" when the company tells you no more premium payments are due.

It depends on your insurance. Most insurance companies will cover all drivers even if you are not the insured driver because they have what is called permissive user. Remember typically your insurance follows you wherever you go. You may want to ask the person you are borrowing the vehicle from and see if they have all drivers coverage. If not, then you need to be a listed driver on the policy before you can drive the vehicle even if it is "fully insured". Companies like Geico, Nationwide, and Allstate typically cover all drivers....hope this helps.

In Georgia the policy follows the vehicle. This would be vicarious liability and it would be covered. However the insurance company can possibly deny this claim cause the person driving the auto obviously didn't have permission by the insured to be driving this vehicle. That's a hard one to answer...

Read the policy. Generally, you can drive the car mentioned on the policy and any short term rental car. Laws are different in every state. You should call your agent for clarification of your coverage.

Of course you can drive it... you can drive any car you want... I think the question you are asking though is whether or not it will be legal to drive and whether or not an out of force car insurance policy will cover you if you wreck the vehicle even if it has a current tax and license... right? The answer to those questions is NO. If the current owner's coverage is not in force, it is not legal for you to drive the vehicle unless you have a Non-Owner Insurance policy which insures any vehicle you drive. An out of force policy will NOT cover you at all. Whether the vehicle has current license and tax has no bearing at all on whether you meet your States insurance guidelines.

You really need to check the insurance policy wording for both your's and your friends policies. It is likely that you will both be covered to drive other cars but this is generally on a third-party only basis. Each insurer and insurance scheme varies so you should check with your insurer or broker before driving other cars. CQ

I believe full coverage covers everything related to the car it is assigned to and nothing more.There may be specific insurances for business and such which covers multiple drivers and multiple cars but as for a personal insurance, it would only cover your specific car included in the contract. Alternative Answer The answer to your question will be written clearly on your "Certificate of Insurance"and contrary to the above many 'fully comprehensive' policies (In the UK at least) will provide cover for you to drive a car not owned by you and not hired (rented) by you.

permitting means to allow someone to do something but not fully or for long. Such as a drivers permit they can not drive alone or with anybody else without a drivers license.

One can find information on fully comprehensive car insurance on Direct Line, Money Supermarket and Go Compare. Other types of car insurance include third party, fire and theft.

Yes as third party fire & theft.. and the other car has to be insured by some in its own right by someone else..

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.