Asked in Credit Reports
Credit Reports

If you have paid your half of your children's medical expenses how do you get your ex-spouse's unpaid portion off your credit?



User Avatar
Wiki User

An entry may be marked 'paid' or 'settled' but it will remain on the credit report for the required 7 years and cannot be removed by the consumer. The consumer can write a 100 words or less letter of dispute to the reporting credit bureau(s) and the letter will be added to the person's credit file.