It is not possible with 1 test to have both positive and negative. It is possible, but NOT likely, to get a false positive or false negative on a test.
A false positive is very rare but it is possible. It is a LOT more common to get a false negaive than a false positive. The best thing for you to do, is to do another pregnancy test. If the test is still positive then you are pregnant and should see your doctor.
There are a few possible explanations. The most likely is that you contracted chlamydia within those three months. Another possibility is that you got the first test so soon after infection that it could not yet be detected. A false negative or false positive test is another possible explanation.
Yes. Both are quite possible.
Certain kidney and liver diseases will cause a false positive. Also possible triggers for a false positive are diabetes, Amoxicillin, or tonic water.
No; having a false positive test result once you are not more likely to have it again.
If your blood test came back positive then it is positive.
Yes, it is possible to get a false positive. There are certain medications that can cause you to test positive for THC, mainly antiretroviral medication, even though there is no actual THC present in your body. It is also possible for a urine drug screen to be faulty and give a false positive, however this is unlikely. They will then re-test the same urine with a new test to determine if this was indeed the cause of a false positive.
A false positive pregnancy test is extremely rare, so I would say no, if the tests read positive you are most likely pregnant.
Yes, you can get a false negative with a hpt. On the other hand you can not get a false positive with a hpt.
False positives are possible.
you can have a false negative but NOT a false positive
A false negative indicates that a person may not have a disease that is being checked for or that the person may not be pregnant. Having a false positive would be the opposite showing that the person does have a disease or could be pregnant.
It is likely that you are pregnant. It is possible to have false negative results, but unlikely to have a false positive.
It is possible, though rare.
Phentermine can possible give a false positive on a biometric screening. Phenterime is a schedule IV controlled substance with characteristics that mimic amphetamines.
Depending on the test, there is about a 5% chance she is right and 95% chance she is not telling the truth.The rates of false negative and false positive chlamydia tests for various types of tests are as follows (see related link):Chlamydia culture (rarely done): 0% false positive, 15-30% false negative.Swab with DFA: less than 1% false positive; 15-20% false negativeBecton-Dickinson NAAT cervical swab: 1.9% false positive, 10.3% false negativeBecton-Dickinson NAAT female urine: 1% false positive; 19.5% false negativeBecton-Dickinson NAAT male urine: 1.6% false positive 5.5% false negativeGen Probe NAAT cervical swab: 1.9% false positive; 5.8% false negativeGen Probe NAAT vaginal swab (e.g. self administered): 1.6% false positive; 3.3% false negativeGen Probe NAAT female urine: 1.1% false positive; 5.3% false negativeGen Probe NAAT male urine: 0.9% false positive; 3% false negativeIt is possible to test positive for chlamydia but be negative.Less than 2% false positive with chlamydia test.
Well it is possible for a false positive and it's possible for a false negative, the safest way to be sure is to get a blood test.
yes there is a false positive! I have two kids and about 2 months ago I though I was pregnant again. I took the ept and it was positive, then I took another one the following morning and it was negative so I made a doctors appointment and I was not pregnant!
It's doubtful but I would test again with a clean test.