Home Equity and Refinancing
Taxes and Tax Preparation

Is it possible to create your own tax lien certificate by placing a lien on someone's home without their permission if they have delinquent tax?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-01-17 00:20:44
2008-01-17 00:20:44

No. Only the IRS and/or state tax agencies can place a lien against real property of the person who has tax arrearages. Also, only the IRS or States can get a lien filed without going to court.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.