Commercial Insurance

Is my restaurant covered under my landlord's insurance if it burns down?

User Avatar
Wiki User
April 24, 2007 2:52AM

The structure is covered but the contents of the restaurant are not. For instance, your ovens, sinks, dishes fixtures, tables,etc would not be covered. You must have liability insurance for the CONTENTS of the restaurant. I don't know everything about insurance, but I do know that liability insurance won't replace your furnishings. You will need the commercial equivalent of the comprehensive part of Homeowners Insurance.