Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-02-10 15:29:53

Perhaps not - there is no statute of limitations on collecting unpaid child support.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Then you could be extradited to the county that issued the warrant.

If the warrant is issued for interstate service then you may be extradited according to the laws of the state in which you are arrested. If you get arrested in Michigan and Michigan lets you go, then yes. You can be taken back to Nevada to stand trial.

Yes, and extradited back, if Florida agrees to do so.

Yup! You could arrested on the spot and then be extradited back to AZ. You will not be extradited for a misdemeanor. Idiots on the internet just want to scare you.

IF I have a warrant in Texas can I still apply for a Colorado license without getting extradited.

This is not stating the type of charge he/she has, this just means that the person was detained and arrested because there is an active warrant out for the person outside of the state that they were arrested in. Here is an example of your question. A man owes child support in Michigan, failed to make payments, and now there is a warrant out for him. He no longer lives in Michigan and moved to Tennessee. He got pulled over for speeding in Tennessee and the police officer checked to see if there were any warrants, and there was a warrant issued from Michigan for failure to pay child support. So, the Tennessee Officer arrested him, and the reason for his arrest was "fugitive from justice without a warrant."

IF the warrant was entered into the interstate system (NCIC) and MI states they will extradie for the offense, the person that has the warrant against them would be extradited back to Michigan if they have been detained, due to that warrant, by any law enforcement agency.

Depends on what the warrant is for. what if its for child support

If the warrant is for a misdemeanor offense, you will not normally be arrested unless you are stopped for a traffic violation or if the police are called to a scene, where you may be. If it's a felony warrant, for a serious violation, such as murder, you will be tracked down, even in another state, and be arrested and extradited.

Yes you can; it is usually enough to have an arrest warrant issued to be extradited.

Yes, depending upon the geographic limitations placed upon the warrant by the issuing state. If the issuing state indicates that the warrant be executed outside its boundaries, then it will be active in other states, the wanted person may be arrested and extradited back to the issuing state. See related links below.

Yes, the states have no authority to countermand or nullify a federal warrant.

Whether you'll be extradited from Utah for an Oregon class C felony warrant depends on whether the state wants to pay for it or not

It would depend on what the warrant is issued for, the severity of the crime and if you can be located for the warrant to be served. Also, would it serve the common good of the citizens if the money was spent to be extradited. You will have to face the warrant. Even if the statutes of limitations was up on the crime, the warrant never goes away.

He'll be extradited to the state with the warrant and prosecuted there.

If a warrant is issued for your arrest, you may be arrested and extradited to the state where the warrant was issued to stand trial. However, the extradition procedures vary from state to state so check with your local authorities.

No. You must be a resident of any state you're registering a vehicle in, and showing up at an out-of-state DMV with a warrant is simply going to result in you being arrested and extradited.

An arrest warrant can be issued, you can be arrested in the new state, and you can be extradited back to the original state, depending upon the nature of the charge.

If there is a warrant issued, it stays open until resolved/you are arrested. Arrest warrants do not have time limit.

It is very likely that if the Mexican authorities found out, the individual would be arrest and turned over to the United States (extradited).

yes Simply owing a debt is not a crime. Or, it's not suppose to be.

I do not provide those answers. I do not provide those answers.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.