Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims

Is your child covered on insurance if not listed on policy?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-03-16 12:05:49
2010-03-16 12:05:49

I highly doubt it. If the child is not on the policy, then sorry to say, they're not covered. You will need to go in and put them on the policy, if you want that is...

User Avatar

Related Questions

All drivers should be listed on your policy to be a covered driver. you should add your child to your auto policy for proper coverage.

Yes, however the child should be listed on someones policy as a driver. If the child drives your vehicle with any frequency and is not listed on the other parents policy then I would highly recommend adding them to your policy and pay the extra premium.

If you have them listed as a driver on your policy then yes they will be covered. If you do not have them listed on the policy then you have violated a primary term of the policy and committed material misrepresentation. When this happens the insurance company has the right and often does deny the claim. You have not abided by the contract terms where you agreed to list all household members above 15 years old and have not paid any premium to cover the child driving a vehicle.

In order for your child to have insurance coverage, your child would need to be listed as a covered person on the policy, and a premium would need to have been collected for the child. Even if both parents are insured, if your child isn't on the policy and has not been considered as a portion of the premium, then there is no coverage.

Anyone you give permission to is covered on your policy. Family members are certainly covered, even step children no living with you. Do not use this availability as primary insurance for them though. They should be listed on the residential parent's policy.

The ability to collect on a claim on your homeowners' policy will be determined by an insurance claims adjuster after consulting your policy. The broken window may, or may not be covered if your child broke it.

If he lives in your household he should be listed on your insurance policy. If your son does not live with you but sometimes drives your vehicles he should be listed on your policy and his address should be listed as a secondary garaging address.

As the driver is a minor child, the Custodial Parent or other Custodial Entity is Financially Liable for the acts of the minor child. An auto accident may or may not be covered under the Custodians Auto insurance Policy depending on whether the child is covered or excluded from coverage on that Policy.

NO, All drivers are required to carry insurance and be scheduled on an auto insurance policy. if he's not on the policy then he is not a covered driver. Although your company may be required to pay for an accident in which your uninsured teenager is involved. they would not be paying because he was covered, but rather they would have to pay due to the parents negligence in failing to obtain proper insurance for their teenage child and because they allowed the uninsured child to drive the vehicle. The insurer is often liable to pay for the negligence of the insured. Don't confuse this though with an assumption that the uninsured child was somehow covered simply because the insurer had to pay.

Most insurance companies will automatically insure a child in your home with a learners permit. It is best to check with your insurance company to be sure.

In medical insurance, the policy holder of the policy is not automatically the guarantor of a step child. To become the guarantor of the child a formal adoption should have taken place, or the child can be added to the policy.

Depends on your insurance provider. You'll have to contact your agent or the company through customer service to find out what your insurance policy covers. It'll also be on your policy if you have it. Some insurance policies automatically cover infrequent drivers, others only cover primary insured. If your child is a regular driver of the vehicle, you will need to add them to the insurance at additional cost.

Generally, if the child became ill after the policy became effective and was a covered insured on the policy, then the insurance company should not be able to drop coverage. If the child became ill due to a pre-existing condition that was not disclosed at the time of the policy write up, it is usually considered fraudulant information and the child can be declined coverage. Again, this is not a definative answer. Laws vary state to state. Check with your state's department of insurance for an accurate answer.

Each vehicle does have to have its own insurance policy, but as long as she is listed as primary driver on the car your husband can purchase and pay for the insurance on the car she drives when not at home. This is commonly done for example while a child is away at college.

Normally, your child can withdraw their life insurance when they are 18. However, this may vary from policy to policy and between different insurance companies.

Generally if a domestic partner is covered then the child of that partner can also be covered.

If you add the child as a driver on the policy.

I believe it is until 18 years of age, unless the child is a full-time student.

Your child can be covered under both your & the mother's insurance even if he/she doesn't live with you.

Depends on how your policy was set up. Some policies would not cover it because the garaging address for the vehicle is different than what is listed on your policy.

The one who has custody of the child. If the child stays at the other parents home part of the time and drives their vehicles then the child must also be listed as a driver on that parents policy.

A life insurance policy can be had from 0 age (child policy) to a person of maximum 65 years (pension policy).

Not unless they are still listed on the insurance policy. Under the new laws in the US, they can be on the policy until they turn 26.

yes, if the child has a good enough reason.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.