Asked in
Divorce and Marriage Law
Citizenship and Marriage

Need to find forms for divorce by publication?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 06, 2007 5:27PM

Contact the office of the clerk of the state civil court (domestic division) in the county in which you reside to find out the requirements for filing a marriage dissolution petition. Court procedures as designated by state law must be followed even when the non filing party cannot be located. The person wishing the divorce cannot simply publish his or her intent to divorce the other spouse without using due process through the court.