Best Answer

What's your question?

It looks like you already know you cannot deduct anything for contributions to a Roth IRA.

User Avatar

Wiki User

14y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Nondeductible contributions for a roth IRA?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

How does a 65 citizen fill out a 8606 tax form?

Form 8606 is Nondeductible IRAs. Form 8606 is used to report several situations. One, nondeductible contributions made to a traditional IRA. Two, distributions from IRAs (traditional, SEP, SIMPLE) if nondeductible contributions were ever made to traditional IRAs. Three, distributions from Roth IRAs. Four, conversions from IRAS (traditional, SEP, SIMPLE) to Roth IRAs. Nondeductible contributions already have been taxed. So it's important to file Form 8606 to report nondeductible contributions so that you won't be taxed twice on the same money when you start receiving distributions from that IRA. There's a $50 penalty for not filing Form 8606 if you're required to do so. There's also a $100 penalty for overstating your nondeductible contributions. For more information, go to for Publication 590 (Individual Retirement Accounts).

What are the Roth IRA guidelines?

The Roth IRA guidelines are guidelines that apply to a particular sort of IRA. For example, you cannot deduct contributions to a Roth IRA and you can make contributions after reaching the age of seventy and a half.

Roth IRA Calculator?

Roth IRA Calculator Creating a Roth IRA can make a big difference in your retirement savings. There is no tax deduction for contributions made to a Roth IRA, however all future earnings are sheltered from taxes. The Roth IRA provides truly tax-free growth.

Can you get a tax deduction for Roth IRA contributions?

No, you do not get a tax deduction for Roth IRA contributions. You pay regular income tax on the amount your contribute to your Roth IRA. The tax benefit is that any income you generate with the account (interest, dividends, etc.) is not taxed when you withdraw the money.

You maxed out your 401K in 2008 how much can you contribute to a roth IRA in 2008?

Roth IRA contributions are not affected by 401k contributions in any way. The max contribution for 2008 was $5000 ($6000 if age 50 or above). This is of course assuming you fall within income requirements for a Roth IRA.

Can you rollover a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA?

Roth IRA Conversion Taxes. When you convert from a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA you pay income tax on the contributions. The taxable amount that is converted is added to your income taxes and your regular income rate is applied to your total income.

How do I report Roth IRA contributions on my tax return?

you dont report it

Can you contribute to both a Roth IRA and an IRA?

Yes. An individual may make IRA contributions to both a Roth and aTraditional IRA, providing the combined contribution total does not exceed the contribution limit for the year.

Can a 75 year old contribute to roth IRA?

Yes, a 75-year-old can contribute to a Roth IRA as long as they have earned income. There is no age limit for contributing to a Roth IRA, unlike a Traditional IRA which has an age limit for contributions.

What contributions does the Roth IRA make?

For 2013, the maximum you can contribute to all of your Roth IRA's is the smaller of $5,500 ($6,500 if over the age of fifty) or your taxable compensation for the year. The IRA contribution limit does not apply to Rollover contributions or Qualified Reservist payments.

What's the difference between a tradition IRA and a Roth IRA?

An IRA has tax-deductible contributions, a Roth IRA does not. IRAs have age requirements (or else you face a penalty), Roth IRAs do not. IRAs are open to every income level, Roth IRAs require household income to be under $150,000.

How do you convert to a Roth IRA?

You can convert to a Roth IRA when you transfer some or all of your existing balance to a Roth IRA. However, though it is regardless of income, some income-eligibility restrictions still apply to current year contributions.