What amount of Earths total water supply is usable fresh water?
The total amount of Earths total water supply that is usable fresh water is less then two percent. The rest is salt water or pond water.
Only 0.7% of the earth's water is fresh water in accessible aquifers.
Most of the obtainable and usable fresh water is in rivers, lakes and reservoirs. However the vast majority of the worlds supply of fresh water is locked in the ice caps or the Arctic and Antarctic.
3% of the earths water, is fresh water
People are major pollutors of Earths fresh water supply.
welll 10 percent of earths water is fresh water but we can only drink 1 % of that water
Because we do not have a limitless supply of fresh (usable) water and our 6-9 billion population along with animals and plants will finish all that water off quite quick
25% of earths fresh water is contained in the Great lakes
1% of water is usable in this case . Since only 3% of water is usable as fresh water, 2% is unavailable in frozen form leaving approximately 1% of the earth's water usable.
Most of Earth's fresh water is locked up in glaciers. "Supply" would reference rivers and lakes.
They contain the earths large amount of fresh water
there would be less evaporation and so less rainfall and as a result less fresh water
It is frozen into polar ice caps and glaciers.
It is frozen into polar ice caps and glaciers.
They can have a supply of air but it is not considered fresh. They carry oxygen and other gasses compressed in tanks when they go into space. In space, there are methods to recycle air converting used air to breathable air by removing the carbon dioxide and converting it back to usable oxygen..
Earths limited supply of fresh water to be used over and over again.
Ocean water is not consumable and lakes and rivers need to be replaced by rainfall. The amount of rainfall is limited so there is a set maximum rate at which we can use fresh water without depleting reserves.
North America is the country that has the most usable fresh water. The United States and Canada almost tie for their water resources due to glacier lakes and rivers.
97% of salt water covers the Earth the other 3% is freash water but however 2% is locked in the glaciers. Hope I was of help
three percent of all the earths water is fresh water
You can find usable fresh water anywhere water exists. Even the waters of the Dead Sea or the Great Salt Lake will yield fresh water if distilled, and the easiest way to do so is with a solar distiller. With a solar distiller, you can collect fresh water from a mud puddle.
No, Groundwater makes up about twenty percent of the world's fresh water supply, which is roughly equal to the total amount of freshwater stored in the snow and ice pack, including the north and south poles.
3% of Earth's water is fresh and of this 3%, 69% is Ice. Thus 97% of Earth's water is salty and 2.07 of the fresh water is Ice. Which means 99.07% of Earth's water is not liquid fresh water. __________________________________________________________________ The percentage of fresh water volume to total water is 2.5 %. Of this total volume 70% is ice. Of this fresh water around 30% is underground water. Fresh water lakes and rivers contain around… Read More
1% of fresh water of earths...
Hermit crabs need a fresh supply of dechlorinated fresh water (bottled water) and salt water (which you can create using aquarium salt for the amount needed for shrimp).
Earths fresh sater has a percentage of 35
Since the water that melts is classified as "fresh". the polar ice represents about 50% of the world supply of fresh water. Overall the polar ice is about 2% of all water.
less than 0.1 %
Less than 0.1%
Yes. Though the air you're breathing might not exactly be 'fresh,' you do get a fresh supply with every inhalation.
3% is fresh, but 1% is for drinking.
In the glaciers
One lake could not supply enough fresh water for the entire world.
yes that is right
75% of the Earths FRESH water is located in the Antarctic.
Fresh water can be divided into two types: Surfacewater and Groundwater
About 3 percent of all the water on Earth is fresh water.
Tsunamis can cause significant amounts of soil erosion. And they do not supply fresh water. They usually contaminate fresh water with seawater.
70% of the world's fresh water supply is from Antarctica's ice cap
The total volume of water on Earth is about 1.4 billion cubic kilometers, around 41 million of which is fresh water. 3 percent of the world's water is fresh, however only 0.768% is usable for consumption. The remaining portion of fresh water is locked up in glaciers, permanent snow fields, the Arctic, Antarctica, the atmosphere, living organisms (plants and animals) or is polluted. As well, there is 97% salt water located on Earth; and through… Read More
Most of the water on Earth (other than in mineral hydrates) is saltwater, about 97% of it. Oceans are salt water. The other 3% is fresh water, but 67% of that fresh water is in the ice caps. That only leaves about 1% of the total water as usable fresh water. But that is still a vast amount of water, enough to fill aquifers, streams, rivers, and lakes.
41 million cubic kilometers, or, about 3% of the earths water, is fresh water.
About 3% fresh, 97% saline.
about 3% is freshwater
not much. only about 1%, I'm guessing.
earths fresh water mostley is found in frozen in ice caps and glaciers. But that has been reducing recently and if we include water in vapour form it may be said to be; in the atmosphere.
Only 2.5% of Earths water is fresh water and 98.8% of that water is in ice and underground. 1.7% of glaciers and ice caps in Antarctica and Greenland.
The most fresh water is stored in ice caps yes correct ice caps
it is called groundwater
Fresh water is supplied to farm fields through
earth's fresh water can be found in rainfall