Asked in Punctuation and Capitalization
What are the Rules to follow in writing a menu card?
Rules to follow in writing a menu card:
1. Capitalize all words except articles, prepositions, and descriptive information.
2. Present the menu items in the order in which they are eaten in a meal.
3. Arrangement of items on the menu should be symmetrical.
4. Provide the main course the most prominent place on the menu card.
5. Accompaniments are placed directly below items.
6. List of specialties, sandwiches, and other items should be separated to avoid confusion.
7. Do not present the courses by price.
8. Develop key words for identification of food items.
9. Design the menu card attractively. It should be in harmony with the place, decor, and ambience.
10. Beverages should appear as the last item of the course.