What are the disadvantage and advantages of tourism in Kenya?
Tourism has advantages for Kenya for the following reasons:
- It helps the local economy
- It can, by using the gains of tourism, improve the lifestyle of the locals
- It makes tourists understand and therefore learn to respect the environment in general.
- It can bring more employment
- Littering can cause extinction for animals because they eat the litter
- People take a air balloon ride and disturb animals
- Some people in Kenya have to move out because they haven't got enough money to pay them to find another place to build parks
- Tourism can be a way in for child trafficking and child prostitution
- Nearly all jobs are unskilled and poorly paid
- Safari minibuses damage savanna ecosystem
- People who used to live and keep their herds in national parks have been forced out, thus they lose their land and traditional way of life
- Most new jobs are in cities, which encourages migration and adds to the shanty towns.