What are the requirements to start a title insurance agency in New Jersey?
1. Register your new business entity and name with State of NJ
(LLC, Corp, etc.)
2. Obtain title producer's license or hire someone with an
existing title producer's license.
3. Apply for entity producer's license (the business must be
licensed in addition to someone having an individual producer's
4. Contact Underwriters to sign agency agreement with while
waiting for NJDOBI to process entity license.
5. Obtain Errors and Ommission Insurance coverage.
6. Design and set up title office.
7. Obtain title production software ie: www.SnapClose.com or
8. Hire experienced Senior Title Officer (examiner)
9. Open doors when entity license and agency agreement is
signed, sealed and delivered.