In order to achieve excellence, six basic concepts of TQM are as follows:
1. Top management should be aware of currect situation and needs to be commited towards TQM implementation.
2. Focus customer requirements and product/service expectations.
3. Involve emplyees in understanding the quality aspects and make them accountable
4. Continuous improvement in the process is required
5. Treat suppliers as your partners
6. Develop tracking mechanism for processes and improve it as per business requirements