Asked in FordHead Gaskets and Valve Covers
What are the torque settings for cylinder head bolts on Ford Bantam 1.3i 2003?
November 08, 2011 10:51AM
BE SURE TO USE NEW BOLTS AS OLD ONES WILL BE STRETCHED. THEY'RE NOT EXPENSIVE.
The torque settings are 40N.m (29.5ft.lb) + 120 degrees for the bigger M11 bolts which secure the main part of the head & 15 N.m (11.06 ft.lb) + 45 degrees for the 2 smaller bolts in the timing chain section.
Procedure is as follows:
1) Starting with the middle pair of M11 bolts tighten to 30 N.m working outwards and criss-crossing as you go.
2) Repeating the same order, tighten to 40 N.m
3) Tighten the M8 bolts to 15 N.m
4) Turn the M8 bolts another 45 degrees (I made a paper template to hold next to the bolts)
5) In the same order as before turn the M11 bolts another 60 degrees
6) Turn the M11 bolts another 60 degrees to make total 120 degrees turned.