put more water with soap and rinse
If the water is not green, somewhere around a gallon per 4,000 gallons of pool water should be sufficient to bring your chlorine level into range.
Use stabilized chlorine only so long as stabilizer level (cyanuric acid level) in pool is within the recommended range of 50-80ppm.
You only need to shock the pool if there is visible algae, or if the ppm of total chlorine is higher than the ppm of free chlorine. Generally, a level of 2-4 ppm chlorine is all you need to keep your pool sanitary. Let the level drop to that on its own, or use sodium thiosulfate to drop it quickly if you notice itchy skin from excessive chlorine.
A few days. You will probably be able to use the pool when the level gets to about 5.0 ppm 1) you should know the difference between residual chlorine and Free chlorine 2) Chlorine lost depend on size of you pool and temperature 3) circulation of water , temperature & size of pool will increase chlorine lost
What do you mean by "regular chlorine"? You can use chlorine products such as Clorox, but they are not as concentrated as chlorine products for pools. It is more cost effective to use chlorine from a pool store.
Use potash to bring the acid level down you pool shop will carry it
I do. Use half as much. Pool chlorine is 12.5% sodium hypochlorite Laundry bleach that I use is 6% sodium hypochlorite. Sometimes I dilute the pool chlorine by one part water to one part pool chlorine and use it just like regular laundry bleach.
If the swimming pool water is milky, it is advisable to have the level of stabiliser (cyanuric acid) tested. A level of over 80ppm in the pool water is likely to lead to "chlorine lock" which can turn the water milky. If the problem is the stabiliser, you will need to drain some of the swimming pool water and refill with fresh water to bring the stabiliser level down to 30-50ppm. To avoid the level getting out of control, use a non-stabilised chlorine product such as calcium hypochlorite. http://www.havuz.org/pool_blog/2004_01_01_pool-problems.htm
Use a test strip or test kit. They will tell you your chlorine level. You want it between a 1 and a 3.
It will go down on it's own or use sodium thiosulfate (sp)
This depends on the size of the pool. Generally, when you buy chlorine, it should say on the bag or box how much to use for what size pool.
You shouldn't. The solar cover will keep the chlorine from disolving in the sun. Take the cover off and shock the pool. When the chlorine drops to a normal level cover the pool again if you use a blanket.
This is a tricky answer but it's quite simple... Actually the chlorine they used for the pool is like the chlorine we use to clean our fish tank. They use it to clean the germs in the pool ex. urine in the pool and young kids who can't hold back their poo.
The maximum chlorine that a public pool can have in it and be open for use is 7.0 ppm. You could wait for it to come down on it's own or you can use a declor to bring it down. This is the rule for the state of Indiana deptartment of health.
Chlorine tabs are for use in a chlorinator - there's some that just float in the pool and some that are connected to the water line and so are "automatic". They are a slow delivery system to help maintain the chlorine level in the water between 'shocking' the pool.
As long as you keep your pH and your chlorine at the proper level it should not matter what technique you use.
Pool worms they come from the trees and blow into the pool. Keep up on the chlorine, make sure the levels are right and use the pool cover when it is not in use. The chlorine will eventually kill them and they will be filtered out.
Yes you can add liquid chlorine to a pool even if it's not circulating
You should use about 15oz. if bleach to reach between 1.5-3.5ppm chlorine.Hope this helpRobert
Add more chlorine! This is normal pool maintenance since chlorine gets consumed. If the chlorine is low you need to add more.
As long the pool is sanitized in other ways. There are several other ways a pool can be safe and not use chlorine.
The length of time between pool shocks varies. It depends on factors such as how often the pool is used, how many people use the pool and other factors. It is best to have a test kit to check the chlorine level and the pH balance to decide how often to add chlorine or to shock the pool.
Use a chlorine reducing agent. You can get them at the pool supply. One is called After Shock, but there are others.
What are your readings? You can go as high as 5.0 maybe. There is a product to remove chlor. but is hard to use and causes other problems. Try a very small amount of amonia.