What chemical would you use to treat a bee sting?
Any alkali like soap. The venom in a bee sting is acidic and the alkali neutralises the venom.
Top Tip: a cold compress can relieve the pain
According to the link, below, the major chemical in a honey bee sting is "melittin".
A bee sting on a horse is not a serious threat to the animal. The only exception is if the horse is allergic. A bee sting can be left to heal on its own. If there is an allergic reaction, a vet should treat the horse.
Cephalexin is popularly used to treat infections contracted from injuries. A normal bee sting would only require cleaning and pain medications. If your bee sting becomes infected, then see a doctor who might prescribe you with Cephalexin.
they treat bee sting in the 1800 by cold food and snow
A bee sting should not be treated with anything acid since it would not help alleviate the pain or reaction.
No not really.......if alot of bees sting then you would feel a little dizzy and need to be taken to the hospital.
toothpaste would not cure a bee sting it has no cemicals in to cure a bee sting
A bee sting hurts because it is an acid. You can neutralise it with any alkali, like toothpaste.
baking soda and water mixed together until it looks and feel pasty then rub it on the area. That's how you treat a bee sting-but when, at the exact time, you are stung by a bee you must try your best to get the barb out-because it contains poison. I suggest not to do this by tweezers because that squeezes more poison into your body. A knife, or ask a doctor to help, would do… Read More
jellyfish sting war sting
According to WVU's website (see related link), "The major chemical responsible for the pain of a honey bee sting is called melittin..."
put baking soda on it.
becaúse its alkaili
Dogs can take Zyrtec in small doses, but it will not be quite as helpful for a bee sting. Zyrtec is an antihistamine, which will help with congestion more successfully. A better choice to treat a bee sting is Benadryl.
Ammonia is basic and the idea is that it will neutralise the formic acid in the sting
put mud on it. or take a card (credit card, business card) and slide it on the bee sting to remove the stinger
If a bee were to sting an ant, the ant would certainly die. But a bee would usually have no reason to sting an ant.
you can put mud on the sting to sooth it and the mud is supposed to draw out the venome I am no expert on the mud treatment but a bumble bee sting requires similar treatment to that of a honey bee. There are some pretty good answers and videos covering that.
No, A Bee would sting One person and then the bee would be dieing ... It wouldn't be able to sting another person at the same time as the bee would probably fall to the floor and die.
Vinegar would probably have no effect on a bee sting.
this works with sunburn too but, take a paper towel and soak it in vinegar and but it on your sting it will take the swelling and sting feeling away
Mostly formic acid.
The soda which is alkaline neutralizes the bee sting which is acidic. For wasp stings use vinegar. Vinegar is acidic and neutralizes the alkaline wasp sting.
Epinephrine (adrenaline) is used as first aid treatment for anaphylactic shock which could be the result of a bee sting on a person who is severly hypersensitive to the venom. It should not be used as a general treatment for any sting.
The wasp will try to sting the bee back, with a jaggered bee sting in its side, while the bee - wich would now be going crazy - is slowly dying and giving the wasp a hard time to actually sting the bee sucsessfully.
You should first remove the stinger, then go to an adult to take you to the nearest place which can treat a bee sting. Putting mud on it helps if the pain is too much.
The pH of a bee sting is generally around 3.5. If added to a universal indicator, it would turn a reddish-orange, indicating its level of acidity.
my dad once told me it wont hurt if a wasp stings me after a bee and i asked why.... it is because there is a certain chemical in a bee sting that helps the acid in the sting painless. it can also be the other way round, they both cancel each other out! not a good idea to try this though as it is near imposable for the bee or wasp to sting you… Read More
A bee sting can be neutralized by adding bicarbonate or washing soda to the place you were stung.
With a bee because it is has a acid sting you treat it with a weak alkali like toothpaste. With a wasp because it has a alkali sting you treat it with a weak acid like orange juice! With a bee and wasp sting's, use baking soda(just add a little water and make a paste and put it on the infected area). This is also great for Fire Ant stings.
A bee sting mixed with the universal indicator would be yellow-green, but a wasp sting would be a much darker green.
If puss is coming out of a bee sting, clean the area with a diluted hydrogen peroxide solution, and ice the area if there is swelling. If there is redness surrounding the sting, see a physician as soon as possible. Antibiotics may be needed to treat an infection.
Baking soda can be used to treat bee stings and polish objects. To make this mixture of baking soda to treat bee stings, you add water. To polish objects, you add baby oil.
it will neutralize it and replace the acid in the bee sting with not alkai but neutral and it gets rid of the acid and stops the sting from hurting
Yes, it would.
Mohammed Ali used to say he would 'float like a butterfly, sting like a bee'.
Bee stings can be serious to those who have an allergic reaction. If you are allergic to bee stings, then you should call an ambulance immediately for further instructions. But if you are not allergic, what you can do to treat the venom, is first wash the stung area. If you aren't near water, then you should have a first aid kit with alcohol swabs. After cleaning the area compress it with a cold washcloth… Read More
I was prescribe this medication after a moderate reaction from a bee sting to my face. It also is used to treat anxiety.
try salted water it works a treat when i get stung if not try egg yolk
The bee might sting, but it will only sting if provoked.
Yes it can kill a bird and and the bee would die!
People think it neutralises the sting, but that doesn't work. The pain from a bee sting only last for a couple of minutes anyway and you could be left with itching. Bicarbonate of soda can help soothe the itching.
Not a good idea. Presumably putting bleach on a bee sting is an attempt to neutralize the venom. It wouldn't work. Remember, the venom has been injected into the tissues under the skin and any chemical on the surface of the skin which could reach the venom would do more harm than good.
a bee sting is acid a wasp sting is base
You put milk on a bee sting because a bee sting is full of acid and by putting an alkali solution on the sting it neutralises the sting (balances it out) so the sting doesnt hurt.
A combined bee and wasp sting could be dangerous for someone that is allergic. Even if not allergic, this combination could still be extremely painful.
yes a bee sting is acid
bee sting is acidic
A Bee sting contains a acid
Bumble bees are bees. If they sting, it is a bee sting. Robber flies can bite humans. It is not similar to a bee sting.