answersLogoWhite
Health
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Poisons and Toxins

What dangers are associated with high concentrations of mercury in the body?

240241242

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2012-08-21 14:36:03

There are different levels of Mercury poisoning, acute and chronic. Sudden exposure to high levels will cause breathing problems, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, etc. Chronic, exposure over time, causes nerve damage, (tremors,convulsions,) personality disorder, (anger, depression,) organ failure, (kidney infection, pulmonary edema) and many other physical/mental problems. Children are especially at risk since they are developing. If exposure is suspected the person should seek medical treatment immediately.

Mercury has a half life of several months in the body, assuming no treatment. One normally experiences a very trace absorption of mercury from food and industrial sources, and this lengthy removal time will not create any health issues for normal individuals- assuming mercury exposure is not in abnormally high concentrations. If one suspects mercury poisoning, seek medical attention immediately. Poisoning from mercury is a potentially life threatening condition that needs to be addressed medically with prescription chelating agents, not by homeopathic "detoxification" remedies. A simple follicle or blood test can be used to evaluate mercury levels and confirm a poisoning diagnosis.

001
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions


Mercury is what is known as "bioaccumulative". This means that it does not in fact leave the body. The more you ingest into your body, the higher the concentrations of mercury will become in your system. This is one reason mercury ingestion (even in small quantities) is a problem.


It's toxic to the human body and you don't want it mixing with the ground water.


There are a few dangers associated with tick bites. Firstly, when removing the tick one must make sure to remove the head as well as the body to prevent bleeding. Another risk is Lyme Disease.


Mercury is a toxic metal that can cause mutagenesis in the foetus and nerve damage in adults. It is absorbed into the body by inhalation of the vapour, skin adsorption and ingestion.


Mercury is toxic, it can be absorbed through the skin and the vapor can be inhaled. Once in the body it does not leave. It can cause damage to the nerves, liver, and proteins and can be especially damaging to children. Exposure to large quantities, especially over a long time, can be lethal.


Usually associated with the stomach as Gastric Acid (about 0.3-0.7%). Exists in the bloodstream, urea and poo in much lower concentrations.


Some of the dangers of plastic surgery could be infection, leakage, pain, and even death. You could have severe allergic reactions or skin infections for items being put in your body.


Exactly...you do NOT need mercury in your body...


The body cells surrounding the capillary usually have low concentrations of oxygen and nutrients, but high concentrations of carbon dioxide and other waste products.


Underweight is generally considered a disease associated with malnutrition. The dangers of being underweight can be that since the body does not have enough fuel to burn from food that it begins to 'digest itself' by using muscle tissue for food instead, Weakness and fatigue are the common problems associated with being underweight.


what is unique about the astronomical body of planet Mercury and why is it important in the universe?When was the planet Mercury discovered?


based in my research, our body contains a small amount of mercury.


Using lazatives is not a good way to loose body weight. In fact the average person cannot do this or they will have some extreme issues such as intenstine infections.


The body cells surrounding the capillary usually have low concentrations of oxygen and nutrients, but high concentrations of carbon dioxide and other waste products.


There are numerous dangers associated with binge drinking and yes it can lead to alcoholism. Alcohol consumed in very high doses becomes toxic to the organs. The more one's body get used to high alcohol intake the more alcohol it needs to function and withdrawal can cause problems.


Some are that it can give you sever damage in your body. ANd or it will and can kill you if you get to much of it in your body.


The exact answer depends on how the mercury is absorbed into the body as certain forms accumulate better within the body then others. Generally speaking, mercury is slowly removed from the body (typically taking several months), meaning that continued exposure would lead to the accumulation of mercury in the body.


Probably the biggest danger is infection.


Every drug is different be mire specific


It work on kidneys.It stimulates reabsorption of Na+.


body beauty slimming coffee are available to mercury drug?


Mercury is used in thermometers because mercury is the only liquid metal in room temperature. Hence our body temperature is observed by melting the liquid metal mercury due to our body temperature.


No , a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer is body on frame


Fluoride doesn't do anything on the outside of the body, unless in contact with with high concentrations of many fluoride salts, this can be dangerous. When intoxicated, it is possible to get Fluoride Poisoning. Fluoride also can be dangerous, in high concentrations, when in contact with the eye. ~HellsBaran


Blood contains the highest concentrations of the HIV.



Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.