One of the most common diseases associated with glucose and ketones in the urine is Diabetes mellitus.
Normally glucose in the blood is filtered and fully reabsorbed by the kidney so that no glucose appears in the urine. In diabetes mellitus, blood glucose is so high that an excessive amount of glucose is filtered -- so much so that the kidney cannot fully reabsorb it. Consequently, the excess glucose winds up in the urine, a condition called glucosuria.
In normal individuals, blood glucose is kept at a stable level by the actions of insulin. When insulin is present and the body's cells are sensitive to it, glucose from the blood is taken up by the cells, decreasing blood glucose. In diabetes mellitus, however, either insulin is not present, or the body's cells are insensitive to it. Consequently, the cells do not take up glucose. As glucose is one of the cell's major substrates for energy, the cell must use alternative measures to generate energy. One of the major mechanisms is through the metabolism of fats. One of the produces of fat metabolism is a molecule called acetyl CoA, which can be further metabolized to form energy. But in fat metabolism, so much excess acetyl CoA is produced that it overwhelms the enzymes that convert it into energy. As a consequence, the excess acetyl CoA is shunted to alternative pathways that take care of it. One of the pathways is the production of ketone bodies. As a result, ketone levels rise and ultimately can end up in the urine just as glucose did, as described above.
Yes. Very dangerous in fact. If you have this level you should see a doctor immediately. Having such an elevated blood glucose level create Ketones in your blood stream. A significant amount of ketones can create a situation called ketoacidosis, which is essentially a poisoning of your blood and can be fatal if not treated. Given a "normal" glucose level is around 100, if you are seeing a 600 this is a clear sign that you are not producing any insulin and need to be treated as a diabetic.
The aldehydes and ketones having three or less carbon atoms are soluble in water.
all people of all ages can get diabetes. diabetes is caused by having an unhealthy diet that then results in the disease diabetes
Glucose and fructose are having the same molecular formula of C6H12O6 but are having different functional groups. Glucose is having aldehyde group and fructose is having ketone group. hence they are called as Functional isomers
can beavers live having a disease
HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. Hence, HIV in the virus and AIDS is the disease that results from the virus.
It means 8 moles of Glucose. Glucose having the formula (C6H12O6)
Glucose is a Chiral molecule having 4 chiral carbons.
If you are having elevated blood sugar levels, getting tested earlier is better than waiting, as early treatment and good blood glucose control has been shown to help prevent some complications of the disease.
The breakdown of glucose is exergonic, having a free energy change of -686kcal.
The condition that results in thick blood as a result of having too many red blood cells is polycythemia vera. This is a bone marrow disease that occurs more often in men, than in women.
He does not have any disease.
HIV is sexually transmitted. It is more accurate to say the sexually transmitted disease (STD) HIV results from having sex with someone who has the HIV virus.
Cataonia is a disease that results in motor immobility due to faulty nerves. Various symptoms include immobility, excessive activity, and challenging voluntarily movements.
A cell speed up its intake of glucose from the environment by having more protein carriers. This will facilitate diffusion of the glucose into the cell.
Fairly small, hower as there are over a hundred different forms of the disease amd there is a separate statistical probability for having any of them. Having one form of arthritis does not necssarily preclude you from having another and at imes leads you to being in a situation where the results are the same.
Fasting basically means not having any glucose. This is a good idea to do before testing your glucose levels as it gives you a more accurate number and will allow you to gauge how much glucose you have in your system.
Achondroplasia is inherited by the parents as a dominant disease. It occurs from a defect in the FGFR3 gene. It usually occurs spontaneously. if both parents have the disease they have a 25% chance of having a normal sized child, a 50% chance of having a child with Achondroplasia, and a 25% chance of the child getting both genes from each parent which results in death.
No Even when Crohn's is in remission there are obvious sign of disease in the bowel easily identified by you doctors. Crohns leaves scars in the lining of the intestines and even inactive disease will show up on close inspection. Biopsy results after the colonoscopy will confirm the presence of Crohn's.
The answer to this question is it depends. Certain types of blood tests, such as a blood glucose screen, require you to fast for a minimum of eight hours prior to the test to get accurate results. Other types of test results are not affected by whether you eat prior to testing or not.
No, Cushing's Syndrome does NOT lower glucose levels. In fact, it raises glucose levels. Cushing's syndrome is a collection of symptoms that are relative to Cushing's disease. It is a hyper-adrenal problem. The adrenal glands are producing too much cortisol. Cortisol is a stress hormone released in compromised situations, like stress, anxiety, etc. Cortisol stimulates glucose to be produced to be uptaken by the body's cells for energy for the stressed out situation that the person is having. So Cushing's = hyper adrenal = increase in cortisol = increase in glucose.
No. Having the trait means that you don't actually have the disease.
Reasons of having Heart Disease : ^ Lifestyle ^Improper Diet ^Heridetary