Asked in

What do you call the change in direction of a wave at a boundary?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 12, 2009 7:15PM

The terminology is the same for all waves, including light - so reflection or refraction depending on what you mean by change of direction. Firstly thanks for answering, I meant if you had water waves travelling from deeper to shallower water. The wavefront change direction when entering the shallower. so" The effect is the same as bending of light as it goes from air into glass, for instance, it is refraction.