Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-09-12 19:53:35

It's difficult to do that. I have the same issue, but I can't move out, I don't have money to do it and I'm still in high school, unable to get a driver's license or anything. Try saving up and getting a job and means of transportation. Then pick out an apartment that you can move into, but make sure you will be able to afford that plus utilities, food, etc. More than likely, you'll be stuck with being there, at least for a while. I've learned to just block it, the only problem with that is that I can't unblock my emotions. However, I can't feel the pain anymore. Anytime he starts with something like, you're an idiot, or you're useless, think of something different, or reverse it onto him, anytime he calls you that, contradict him in your head. Don't even listen to what he has to say, it's not important. To the person who wrote the original answer, it's different to have a parent do that that a boyfriend or girlfriend, you don't even realize there's something wrong with it until they show those videos in school because that's all you know. I'm actually pretty lucky, I don't let it affect me, other than lacking emotions. I don't have low self-esteem or anything. You just have to make sure that you list everything good about you, and don't even look at what's wrong. More than likely anything your father tells you is a lie, and don't let it become the truth.

User Avatar

Your Answer


Still Have Questions?

Related Questions

What do you do if youre abused at home and nobody will listen?

First contact the police. From there, you should contact your state's department of child and family services if you are a child or if there is a child being abused in the home. If you are an adult and there are no children in the home, you can start with a local domestic violence project if you need help getting out. Or you can just leave.

If Albert's son is my son's father what is the relationship between Albert and me?

Youre his son.

What is to speak quickly and needlessly?

to speak fast but youre not really getting the point across or your speaking fast and youre not saying anything important

What happens if you find out youre the father and shes getting paiid by the state to go to school?

You get to pay child support, perhaps to the State as reimbursement for assistance given the child.see links below

How you are like your father and mother?

if you do not spend enough time nor have the time for your child/ren, you should be a parent.Parents can not abuse, verbally or physically a child/ren. there is a diff. between spanking and abusing yes. But avoid it as much as possible. you need to emotionally and physically care for youre child/ren.

How long does it take to earn a bachelor?

it depends what youre getting a bachelors degree in

What was Americas reaction to Soviets getting nuclear power?

i ts youre mom

How do you know you are getting a pimple?

You know when youre getting a pimple when a small area of your skin swells, and becomes sore when touched.

How to start a Briggs and Stratton 6.75 HP engine that won't start?

make sure to check the coil make sure youre getting spark to do that take out youre plug make sure you put coil wire on plug ground the plug pull recoil; if that's not it check to see if youre getting fuel

What is a good definition for Honor if your girlfriend's dad asks for it?

Pride,Cherish and respect what you have.his little girl is the source of youre pride and youre lucky if he lets his little girl be with you.say it from youre heart as best as you can.only youre girlfriend can decide what she wants.her father cant control her life because he helped make her.

How much soda is in the average can of soda?

half a can of soda, youre getting ripped off

How do you stop making youre monster getting low health moshi monsters?

You can stop your monster from getting low health by feeding it what it wants.

Getting more building sites in evony?

all you gotta do is upgrade youre town hall

What are Louis Tomlinson sceard off?

if youre trying to ask what louis is scared of its getting older

Is 500 a good price for a Ruger P89dc?

No.over 280 & youre getting ripped off

How do you make my rottweiler stop being depressed and sad?

maybe youre dog is bored and needs a nother dog to play with.or,youre dog isn't getting enough attention...

What is needed to drive 8 ohm speakers from TV?

youre mpother was a hamster and your father smeltof elder berries

Why do you feel nausea when you drink alcohol?

because its a warning sign that you reached youre limit of alcohol that's why when you throw up youre body is trying to prevent you from getting alcohol poisoning and or death

What is the best way to avoid getting spots?

the best way to avoid getting spots is to take very good care of youre skin x

Does the iPod touch 3 generation have speakers?

Yes bUt youre better of getting a x-mini speaker.

If youre being emotionally abused to stay as a Muslim what do you do?

It depends- if your safety is at risk you may need greater planning to remove yourself to a safe situation. If you are living in a free country you need to build a support network outside of that environment. This could be other Muslims of course, ones who do not put so much pressure on you or put their religion before the friendship and your happiness. Good luck to you as you must be facing a very difficult situation.

Was Adolf Hitler reborn or the anti christ?

No , he is but a pawn. I am the reborn of my father. I stand alone confused and waiting to take my place. I doubt what I see, but revail upon it. I will not ask of thee, but hope in thee. My father is not above,not below. He is about and within thee and holds youre hand when the light fails. have faith and I will be by youre side soon.

How do i find a lime on sims castaway for ds?

By getting it from Ms. Weeder the gardener when youre done helping her get her mango!

You fell at a local McDonalds and injured your knee enough that you need surgery Should you get an attorney or just wait to see what their insurance settles with?

ANSWER: Despite that Mcdonalds are the major reason for so menny people getting fat, then unless youre an ***** you should just watch where youre going and pay for youre own clumsiness..

Can a child at age 17 leave the parents?

That would be called "divorcing" the parents. Yes,you can..if its for a good cause..not a selfish stupid one. if youre being abused or something of that sort..but hell i dont really know.