Asked in IslamQuran (Koran)Emaan
What is Islam's five basic tenets?
June 02, 2015 3:08AM
The 'Five Pillars' or Tenets of Islam are the foundation of Muslim life:
- Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;
- Establishment of the daily prayers;
- Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
- Self-purification through fasting; and
- The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.
These pillars are further elaborated as under:
Five Pillars of Islam:
1. Shahadat: [testimony that there is no god except Allah (God) the One and Only One, having No Partner whatsoever. And Muhammad is His servant and Messenger],
2. Salah: (praying five times a day)
3. Zakah: (specific compulsory charity-2,5% of annual savings)
4. Saum: (fasting during Ramadan)
5. Hajj: (pilgrimage) for each Muslim once in lifetime those who can afford .The major beliefs on which the Muslim traditions are based are:
Eemaan Mujmal: Translation: I believe in Almighty Allah, as are His beautiful Names and Attributes, I accept all His Commands, I declare from my tongue, and testify by my heart.
Eeman Mufassal: Translation: I believe in Almighty Allah. The Angels, all heavenly Books, all Prophets, in the Day of Judgment, and this that Good or Bad Destiny is from Him, and that there will be life after death and then No death (Eternal life in heaven or hell).
1. Belief in Almighty Allah (God): God- Allah is ONE Allah. There is no god but He. He and He alone deserves worship. He is All-Knowing, All-Seeing. All power lies in His Hands. He will punish the sinners and reward the Good. He is Eternal, Unique, and incorporeal. There is nothing like Him.
2. Belief in Angels Created by Almighty God- Allah Karim from light. They are obedient to Allah Karim. Carry out His commands. The Jews and Christians also believe in the Angels.
3. The Muslims believe in all heavenly books, including Tora, Zaboor, the Bible, the last one being the Qur'an. .
4. The Muslims believe in all the Messengers (Prophets May peace be upon them all) of Almighty Allah- No distinction among them. Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) being the last Prophet of Islam. NO Prophet after him.
5. The Muslims believe in the life after death, resurrection and the Day of Judgment. Almighty Allah Karim is the Sole Ruler/Master of that Day. He enjoys the absolute authority to send people to Heaven or Hell. .
6. The Muslims believe that good and bad Destiny being in the Hands of Almighty Allah. No One can change his destiny.
7. Life hereafter: All the dead will be raised again and judged according to their good or bad deeds. There will be no death to them.
8. Hell and Heaven (Paradise)
9. The Muslims believe that Nobody can take the responsibility of some other person's deeds.
10. All the power of decision making is in the Hands of Almighty Allah, and none else.