What is Zen?
"Zen" means meditation in Japanese.
"Buddha" means "Awakened one" or "Enlightened One" in Sanskrit
Buddhism is the way to awakening or enlightenment.
Zen Buddhism is a way to awakening or enlightenment that is
centered in the practice of meditation.
Here, if you are new to Zen, your mind is already asking What is
awakening or enlightenment? It will not be until you
have traveled the path of Zen practice that you will begin to
realize why this question is about an experience that is beyond all
answering. Even the label "experience" does more to hide than
- A sect of Buddhist philosophy popular in north America and
- Zen is the practice of forgetting the individual self. In
forgetting the individual self, you are free, and become
- More zen precise answer: zen is zen is zen is zen is ...
- Zen means the real you in the right now. Do your duty without
attachment and without reservation or obsession.
- The absurd practice of trying to become who you already