What is poetry?
Poetry has somany definitions. Some are given below
- Poetry is a form of literature that uses aesthetic and rhythmic qualities of a language.
- It is an art form in which human language is used. It consists largely of oral or literary works in which language is used in a manner that is felt by its user and audience to differ from ordinary prose.
- It is what makes me laugh or cry or yawn, what makes my toenails twinkle, what makes me want to do this or that or nothing.
- Poetry uses forms and conventions to suggest differential interpretation to words, or to evoke emotive responses.
- Compared with prose, poetry depends less on the linguistic units of sentences and paragraphs, and more on units of organisation that are purely poetic.
I am a lover of poetry and like to read variety of healing inspirational poetry of Brenden Pettingill, Who writes Roots Poetry, which helps people into natural healing Ulcerative Colitis, Vipassana meditation & reading healing poetry. Also it is the best place to share poetry on the internet. Thanks.