What is the level of acid in water?
YOU ARE A YOGURTY YOUGRT YOU "BEEPING BEEP!"
Lead acid batteries use a weak solution of sulfuric acid in water as an electrolyte. Some of the water evaporates if it is not a sealed battery, causing the electrolyte to become more acidic than normal. Adding water to the correct water level makes up for the evaporation and restores the battery acid solution to its proper strength.
I assume you are referring to automotive batteries. Some batteries are factory sealed and called "maintenance-free," those cannot be added to. But if you can tell the fluid level is low it is probably because you can remove the vent caps and look inside. If this is the case and one or more of the cells is low you should add distilled water. (City water is usually OK because it doesn't have minerals in it…
ADD ACID TO WATER. Think about it. If you had a beaker full of sulfuric acid and added water to it the acid, being concentrated in the beaker, could splash with a clumsy addition of water. Adding acid to water would splash mostly water with a clumsy pour. no. your suposed to pour the acid down the side of the cup (and you would spill some acid or water if you did)
Acid is acid; if you put water in acid, no biggy, just liquid, but if you put acid in water... it's gonna blow. DON'T LISTEN TO THIS IDIOT! Always, always, always add acid to water as a precaution, but ESPECIALLY with sulphuric, which is extremely hydrophylic and produces an exothermic reaction, otherwise you'll be going to hospital and then the plastic surgeon. Slowly adding the acid to water will ensure that the acid dilutes in…
Always add the acid to the water. Otherwise the acid can splash you and get on your skin and also if it is a concentrated acid, as you dilute it, a lot of heat is generated, and you want the larger volume of water to be able to absorb that heat. Water in acid should never be done Acid in water rarely goes wrong
Mixing of acid with water is highly exothermic. Hence acid is added to water. Also, adding acid to water, if the mixture accidentally splashes you will be less likely to be injured by the dilute acid mix. Adding water to acid, if the mixture accidentally splashed you will be more likely to be injured by the still concentrated acid mix.