Scientists use the "Scientific method". This involves:
* First examine the problem of question to determine if they understand the intent * They then postulate potential answers * They then conduct physical or mathematical interrogations of the problem or question and observe the results * The results lead to modification to the potential answers and subsequent tests * The above step is iterated until the answer is determined Lets examine a hypothetical situation:
Assume you are given a government grant to determine "Does it hurt to touch hot iron?"
* Identify what you want to investigate (e.g. Does it hurt to touch a hot iron) * Consider what should be in the experiment (e.g. Irons, steam irons, travel irons, hands) * Set criteria (what is hot, what are people, what is touch, how long does a touch last)
* Consider how to eliminate variables (e.g. Broken irons, irons turned off, people with cooking gloves, people with artificial arms, people with peripheral neuropathy etc.) * Determine how many trials and how many subjects and how much equipment (irons, thermometers, watches, band aids) is required * Determine if there is a need for blanks (iron is cold or off, people touch other objects, etc. to eliminate people just playing along)
* Get test subjects and test equipment together and do experiment
* Repeat experimental procedure gathering data and recording results * Graph or process data (e.g. iron temperature vs. ouches by contact time) * Draw conclusions and write report (The data may show that hot irons do or don't hurt, but you don't know until the experiment is done). * Ask for someone else to review your procedures, experiment, results and conclusions (peer review) to determine if you've missed something * Publish report.
The process used by scientists to find answers to questions or solve problems is the scientific method.
Is a process used by scientists to find answers to questions or solve a problem
The (blank) is a process used by scientists to find answers to questions or solve a problem? The Answer To That Is (Scientific Method)
The Scientific Method. :)
the scientific method
The scientific method
The scientific method.
A scientific method is a process used by scientists to find answers to questions or solve a problem.
An experiment is used by scientists to find answers to questions or solve a problem. Any good experiment starts with a hypothesis. The experiment is then used to prove whether it is true or false.
I think it is scientific methods
This process is call the Scientific Method which somewhat originated from the Socratic Method of thinking.
The question provides a fair description of scientific method.
Make an Observation , Formulate Hypothesis , Make an experimentation , Make a conclusion .
ask and answer questions
That process is officially known as the scientific method.
The process is called the Scientific Method.
According to scientists, the process in which scientists use to answer questions about the world including the example of Rediâ??s experiment with rotting meat is the scientific method.
they write a journal of there process and when they don't know the answer they can go right back to there journal