Asked in

What is the space between the objective and the slide on a microscope?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 25, 2009 5:58PM

It's called the "working distance" and is defined as, "the distance from the front lens element of the objective to the closest surface of the coverslip when the specimen is in sharp focus."