Asked in
Conditions and Diseases

What kind of doctor does one go to for Schizoprenia treatment?


User Avatar
Wiki User
June 07, 2007 10:52PM

I would think a psychiatrist would be the place to start along with a certified counselor who specializes in schizophrenia.
If one is suffering from schizophrenia one should see a psychiatrist, preferably one who, to some extent at least, specializes in this area.
(Has the patient been diagnosed as schizophrenic?It's not something that lay peoplecan generally diagnose and there is much misunderstanding about it.)