What recourse do you have if Experian entered inaccurate information on your credit report?

Your first step is to dispute it with Experian. There's a form or online page they will provide and it really shoudln't be done over the phone. You want documentation. If you have documentation that proves the information incorrect, send copies to them. If not, they must stop reporting the information until they verify it as true. If they can't, they have to remove it. This is covered under the Federal law known as the Fair Credit Reporting Act. If you follow all the right steps and still have trouble, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, which oversees the credit bureaus.