College Applications and Entrance Requirements
Job Training and Career Qualifications
High School

What should you study in high school or college if you want to become a crime scene investigator?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-10-20 17:05:18
2011-10-20 17:05:18

I'm not aware of any high schools that currently offer crime scene investigation courses, though that would be great. A strong base in science and chemistry would be helpful, though.

There are now many colleges and vocational schools that offer degrees and certification in crime scene investigation. If you're more interested in certain areas and are inclined to science, you can pursue a degree in forensic investigation. Those with such a degree can go on to specialize in areas such as fiber, blood, ballistics or DNA evidence.

Answerhi i am also interested in becomming a crime scene investigator and after ringing my local police station i was told that you only need your basic GCSE's to go into this field. after getting your GCSE's you need to keep looking on your local police website for vacancies in crime scene investigation. if you are then accepted to join the force the police will pay to send you to university and will pay for your training. basically there are no classes until you join the police.

Related Questions

you should search for a college that teaches you how to do that, then go to that college get a degree in criminal investigation and apply for a job.

After the training, you should focus yourself with getting a job. Since you got private investigator training, you might become a police investigator.

To become a Hair dresser you don't really go to college, it's a technical school. Check out Vidal Sasson

There are many things you could study in high school and college to become financial manager. You must study money and math for example.

you should go to a recruited art college and select your topic

Take college prep classes because you will need to go to college and medical school to do this job.

You should go to college to get a degree as a Registered nurse.The job is more interesting and you make more money.

High school courses don't matter, none of them will count in college.

Get really good grades in college. High school will not matter as much as the college grades to get into law school.

The should be capitalized if you are referring to a specific school or college.

High School is not too important, but you should take college prep type courses. Coroners normally have a medical degree, so you need good college grades to get into medical school.

To become a nurse, you need to study nursing in a community college or four-year university. Studying biology and chemistry in high school will help you prepare for your nursing classes in college.

a colleage that has alot of classes about science.

In order to become a crime scene investigator, a person should have an educational background in forensics. They should also have a background in law enforcement.

To become a college professor you have to be a master in whatever you will teach. You should have a Ph.D or Doctorate in the subject you are teaching. So if you are teaching Civil Engineering you should have a Ph.D and extensive experience to make yourself marketable to whatever school you want to teach for.

To become an ultrasound tech a trade school would be best for you. Trade schools specialize in jobs that are that limited in description making you a specialist.


Typical college preperatory course. Second language helpful.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.