Asked in World War 2
What was the best rifles of world war 2?
September 23, 2009 11:32PM
1. US had the best, by far, the M1 Garand semi-automatic rifle.
2. Japan had the Arisaka, the worlds strongest, according to NRA blow up tests.
3. Germany had & still has the most popular; the Mauser.
4. Italy's Carcano just never caught on.
5. Russia's Mosin-Nagant bolt action is a hardy rifle, used from 1891 thru WWII. Saw four (4) wars: Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905; WW1 (1914-1917, they quit early); WWII (1941-1945, they were attacked by their friend Germany); and the Korean War (1950-1953). But for some reason, it too, just never caught on.
6. Britain's .303 Lee-Enfield is one of the smoothest bolt action rifles ever made. An outstanding rifle, it too has been in service since the 1800s up thru WWII. But apparently it's mainly popular with "British" type folk...Canadians. In the US, the .303 is popular...but NOT nearly as much as the 30-06 or 308 rifles; which are US of course.
7. France? France surrendered so quick, few people even know what rifle they used.