Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2012-11-05 01:08:17

A salt of copper and water would be formed as products.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

Yes copper oxide reacts with hydrochloric acid and it forms a blue green compound.

Dirty pennies are coated with a layer of copper oxide. The acid will react with the copper oxide, dissolving it. Acids used to clean pennies are not strong enough to react with copper itself.

Copper Oxide reacts with Sulphuric acid to form Copper Sulphate and Water.

Copper (II) oxide and sulphuric acid form copper (II) sulphate, CuO + H2SO4 = CuSO4 + H2o

No. Copper oxide has no acid-base properties.

Copper oxide is metallic oxide. Metallic oxides are basic and can react with acids. Zinc oxide is an amphoteric oxide. Amphoteric oxide can react with acids as well as base. In order to separate copper oxide from zinc oxide, add sodium hydroxide solution to the mixture. Zinc oxide being amphoteric will react with NaOH to form Na22+[Zn(OH)4]2- whereas copper oxide will remain undissolved. Zinc oxide can be recovered from the solution adding acid to it.

Copper oxide is an amphoteric oxide.

No. Copper does not react with hydrochloric acid

Copper oxide is a base, since it neutralises dilute acid.

I assume you mean copper(II) oxide, which is black, and not copper(I) oxide which is orangey-red.copper oxide + sulfuric acid --> copper sulfate + water.

When a base reacts with a non metal oxide, an acid is formed after the reaction.

Copper oxide and hydrochloric acid will produce copper chloride.

Copper slowly reacts with air to form copper oxide. If you have a copper penny and see dark "dirty" patches on it, this is copper oxide. Citric acid, found in some fruit juices, will dissolve copper oxide, which is why coin collectors wash copper coins in lemon juice.

Yes, Copper oxide does fizz when it reacts with Sulphuric Acid

If a copper is clean it doesn't react to acid, unless precisely if the acid is also an oxidising agent.It happens because copper is below hydrogen in the activities series. (will notice that this is not really an explanation, just an impressive way of saying that copper is not reactive enough to react with acids.) if any reason the copper surface has been oxidised, the copper oxide will dissolve in acid that's the only time it will react to acid. If the acid is strongly oxidising, the copper can dissolve to make a solution of the copper salt. For example, copper dissolves in concentrated nitric acid to give you nitrogen oxides and copper nitrate in solution, and also in hot concentrated sulphuric acid to give you sulphur dioxide and copper hydrogen-sulphate in solution.

copper oxide + sulphuric acid-->copper sulphate + water Rules(take note!): metal+acid->salt+hydrogen hydroxide/oxide+acid->salt+water carbonate+acid->salt+water+ carbon dioxide

This will depend upon which version of copper oxide you have - copper I oxide or copper II oxide. For copper I oxide: H2SO4 + Cu2O --> Cu2SO4 + H2O For copper II oxide: H2SO4 + CuO --> CuSO4 + H2O

copper chloride + water

copper chloride and water

No. Copper will not react with most acids. It will react with nitric acid to produce nitrogen dioxide. Gold and platinum will not react with nitric acid but will react with aqua regia, a mixture of hydrochloric and nitric acids to produce nitrogen dioxide and some nitric oxide. Rhenium does not react with acid at all.

(Copper II Oxide reacting with Nitric Acid)CuO + 2 HNO3 -->to get (Copper Nitrate and Water)Cu(NO3)2 + H2O magnesium oxide

CuO + 2HCl --> CuCl2 + H2O copper(II) oxide + hydrochloric acid= copper(II) Chloride + water