Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2014-06-10 08:35:24
2014-06-10 08:35:24

A claim would need to be filed on whatever policy the home is insured under at the time of the loss.


Related Questions

Yes, most homeowners insurance will cover this type of damage. You need to read your specific policy for exclusions for water damage.

No, but if the failure causes a fire or water damage, then the water and fire damage will be covered.

Depending on the source of the water, typically yes.

In most states, homeowner's insurance does not cover water damage from a leaky roof. Water damage is generally covered under a separate policy called flood insurance.

Yes. This is not a 'flood' situation. Flood insurance covers rising waters entering the home. The homeowners policy covers resulting water damage from a wind damaged roof.

In most instances it seems not. When getting home insurance make sure to specify you want water damage insurance as well and GET IT IN WRITING BEFORE YOU AGREE TO THE POLICY!

Every policy is different, depending on where you live and what options you selected when you purchased your policy. Your broker can answer your particular question.

Not usually. Usually water damage has to be from a sudden burst of plumbing or flood or some sort. Any negligence in homeowning is a touchy subject for insurance.

Probably not. Homeowners usually do not pay for damage caused by pets, wear and tear nor common maintenance issues.

If no one has bought it in the time that happened, then it is still considered yours. Your homeowners insurance should still cover it. If you still have questions about it, you should talk to the company that your insurance associates with.

It depends on the terms in your homeowners insurance policy that you purchase.

We actually just had this issue happen to us today, and State Farms is covering all the damage.

yes resulting water damage is covered - depending on cause of crack to chimney that aspect may or may not be covered

As long as the water entered above the ground surface level.

According to, it covers these things in addition to basic homeowners' insurance: "falling objects, weight of snow, sleet and ice, damage to water heating systems, volcanic eruption, damage from plumbing or appliances, freezing of plumbing or appliances and damage from artificially generated currents".

If you have homeowners insurance, call the claims number on your policy. Explain the situation, have your policy number in hand, and if you have any receipts of damage or proof of damage keep it.

It depends on the plan you select and how much you pay for home insurance. It usally covers fire damange, water damage, natural disaster damage and theft.

No. Because it was a failure on your part to maintain the home. They are more likely to cover water damage caused by weather conditions beyond your control.

You need to turn this claim in, it all depends on your policy form, the perils, exclusions etc.

Truly depends on your insurer and what plan you have. But it should.

If you cannot visibly see the damage then you should order a house inspection, or talk to your home owners insurance company about this situation.

if the house has a mortgage you have a mortgage payment, property taxes, homeowners insurance. then your utilities water/sewer, gas, electric, telephone and cable.

For water damaged household goods, you would require flood insurance if the water damage was caused by flood. Otherwise, homeowners insurance or renters insurance would quite possibly work depending on whether you own or rent your home.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.