David E. Stilwell has written: 'Lead content of paint in Connecticut homes' -- subject(s): Housing, Lead based paint
You can paint over lead paint. However, you do not want to sand or scrape the lead paint beforehand. This will create dust that you may breathe in and that is dangerous.
Most paint companies had stopped using lead in their paint at that time, however, never assume that paint is lead free. Use a lead paint test to determine if lead if present prior to sanding or scraping.
Just that, paint with lead in it. if ingested however it can cause Lead poisoning, which could be lethal. That is why lead paint is a danger in childrens toys.
Anyone. Lead paint is poisonous.
No. Now all paint is lead free after it was shown that if you use lead paint then your next generation will be screwed.
Paint in old houses may contain lead, which is dangerous, especially to children. Modern paint has no lead, usually.
dont know when they stopped putting lead INTO paint but the use of lead paint in homes was banned in 1978
Durability. Lead pigments allow the paint to be various colours.
no, the use of lead paint has been illeagal for decades
plastic kitchen is lead free paint
A qualified inspector is the one who will be able to perform tests for lead in paint. Samples of the paint are taken in order to be tested. One way that you can determine if you should worry about lead paint is to find out when your home was built. Any homes built after 1978 should not have lead paint in them.
They have to give you a disclaimer to inform you that the structure may contain lead based paint and there must not be a lead hazard. Like the paint is in poor condition.
Yes, they are. They have 9.7 lead in the paint. For it to be not toxic it has to be at most 6.0
lead obvisoulsy but not to worry the stoped putiing lead in paint
There is no sure fire way to test paint for lead via home based chemical compounds. The only way to test for lead is to buy a lead paint test kit.
if it is enamel it is possible but incase of nitro cellular paint it is not possible for red shade to be without lead
Lead paint poisoning is not an infectious disease. It's a toxic exposure.
Lead paint was banned from new home construction in the US in 1978, so homes built before that could still contain lead paint.
Any paint will adhere to lead based paint and seal it. Latex is the easiest. The lead will not bleed through and is not harmful as long as it is not flaking off. It is only harmful if a child chews on it and swallows it.
depends on the type of paint. it could be lead if the paint is lead-based. it could also be a copper-based poison. don't eat it!
No. Its almost impossible to get any paint that contains lead these days. It was banned from being used in paint in 1978.
it is because grey paint is a cheap paint and it had lead particles in it!