Taxes and Tax Preparation
Income Taxes
Tax Forms

When obtaining Alaskan residency how do you fill out tax forms?

User Avatar
Wiki User
December 04, 2009 5:25AM

Alaska doesn't have a state income tax. No state taxes are withheld from your earnings. Every Alaskan receives a payment each year from the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation. That payment is only taxable on your U.S. income tax return. Only federal taxes are withheld from earnings in Alaska. You can direct questions to the Commissioner's Office of the Department of Revenue at (907) 465-2301 in Juneau (269-0080 in Anchorage.