When should a women do a self exam of her breasts?
starting at the age of 20 years old
breast exam should be done every three months, let your health be your priority check your deodorant if its contains alluminium ziconnium, it causes cancer and the nearest place to your armpit is the breast! Which result to breast cancer.
Once a month is a good idea, this way you will know your body and will notice any changes that might occur.
You have to palpate all the four quadrants of the breasts. You have to palpate the tail of breasts, which lie in the axila, also. If you do regular examination of the breasts, preferably daily, you become expert than any surgeon. Any minor problem will be located by you that way.
When you exam your breasts by yourself.... XD
It depends on where you go for services, and whether you have insurance or not. Many Community Health Centers (CHC's) offer reduced fee services if you have limited income. Google "Community Health Center XXX" (XXX = your community) to find services near you. Also check out: LINK to find a CDC funded program which may be able to provide your breast exam for free.
Your breast size has nothing to do with how easy you get breast cancer. It can be hereditary also. But in big breasts it might be harder to see on the X-ray.
Look everyday into the mirror and examine your breasts, see if there are any visible changes, few women's breasts are symmetrical, that is okay, just look for change. The best time for the exam is after your period, less tenderness and/or engorgement, do the exam approx. once a month, learn how they feel so you will notice any changes. Perform the exam in the shower, you will be relaxed and the warm soapy water makes… Read More
Many women choose to have breast reconstruction performed in conjunction with the mastectomy.
Yes, breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women followed by lung cancer and colon cancer in second and third places respectively.
Yes it can be normal and I have what they call "cluster lumps" in both of my breasts which are also common in women. However when I discovered these little bumps (cysts) I went to my doctor to let him do a more thorough exam and then I go for my mammogram every year just to be sure everything is A-OK.
71% of black women diagnosed with breast cancer experience a five-year survival rate, while 86% of white women experience five-year survival.
A woman can lower her risk of breast cancer by avoiding any form of hormonal contraceptive, eating healthy and ideally organically, maintaining a healthy weight, and learning to read toiletry ingredients lists so that she knows how to avoid harmful ingredients. Most importantly she should give herself regular self-examinations and get for screenings when invited.
A woman should be checked for breast cancer by her physician once every year, even if she feels healthy. It's better to start checking for breast cancer at the age of 20 and from there on every year. Since according to the experts if a female does has breast cancer its better to catch it at its early stages.
It's cancer. So yes.
with more and more toxins filling the air and water food and drink someday people will be born with cancer.thats why we need to spread the word of rick simpson and get everyone you now to watch "running from the cure"PEACE.
No, it can happen to men. It is rare but it does happen. And if you have a strange lump, discoloration or discharge from a nipple you need to be seen by a doctor. There are natural changes that do take place in male nipples as the male matures. But, there should not be a discharge from a male nipple that is bloody or continues to take place. If you suspect something is wrong have… Read More
yes! everyone can get breast cancer!
Breast Cancer In the US, 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer by age 95 (12.64%). There are certain families where the risk of breast cancer is increased because they carry the breast cancer gene BRCA1 or BRCA2, but the vast majority of women who get breast cancer have no family history. Women who had their first pregnancy after age 30 have an increased risk over women who have never been pregnant. Women who… Read More
women.. less than 1% of people that get breast cancer are men.
To start with, see your doctor, he or she will then recommend tests that are available to get a proper diagnosis. If you feel a lump, that does NOT mean it is cancer. Mammogram, Ultrasound and biopsy will be necessary to confirm your suspicion. The sooner you see your doctor the better, there are many treatment options available today .
To conduct a self-exam for breast cancer, the person should lie on a bed with the arm of the side of the breast being checked raised to above your head. The person should then proceed to start from the center and press down on the breast with the fingertips and spiral out from there at short intervals to check for lumps. When done, repeat on the other side. The person should then stand up and… Read More
No. Women who's had babies and breastfed seems to have a decreased chance of getting breast cancer though. It has to do with the hormones.
Before beginning a monthly BSE, a woman's breasts should be completely exposed.
Sore breasts could be a sign of pretty much everything - growing pains, an incoming cold, or just the fact that you slept face-down last night. There's no reason to think that they might be a sign of cancer.
More of a fungal or bacterial infection of the breast.
This estimate means that, if the current rate stays the same, women born now have an average risk of 12.2 percent (often expressed as "1 in 8") of being diagnosed with breast cancer at some time in their lives. On the other hand, the chance that they will never have breast cancer is 87.8 percent (expressed as "7 in 8").In the 1970s, the lifetime risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States… Read More
The cause is still unknown.
no because breast cancer effects the tissue around the boob or pectoral, although it is more common in women it isn't unheard of in men. don't be fooled by the name
Yes. On the contrary, being pregnant and/or breastfeeding lowers the chances of getting breast cancer.
"In my opinion, breast cancer patients who would like breast implants should be offered them free of charge."
2%A percentage of 2 is really too high. Between the age of 15-19, there's a 1.3 in 1,000,000 (one million) chance of getting breast cancer. If my calculations are correct, this is a percentage of 0.00013.
Your mom has breast cancer and you want to get a tattoo to let her know you are always wit her What type of tattoo should you get?
The answer is ultimately up to you. You could get a heart with "MOM" written in the middle, or maybe a cross instead of a heart, depending on religious preferences. You could always get a pink ribbon. Make sure the tattoo is really what you want and that you do not mind having it branded on your body for the rest of your life.There is a crossed pink ribbon that represents breast cancer. I have… Read More
Consult a physician
If the CT was recommended by a doctor, you should probably have it. if it is simply because you want to know whether it is completely gone, talk to your doctor, who can then recommend the scan as above.
Some do, and some don't. Many look at the breast to look for changes in the appearance of the breast such as changes in the skin, nipple or appearance of dimples. While I'm doing a breast exam I often look away or close my eyes in order to concentrate on what I'm feeling. Mary - Nurse Practitioner
Yes I'm sorry but it can, go see a docter imediatly!!
Because breasts are private parts for most women and many are quite self conscious about their size and how they look etc. Guys aren't comfortable having random people looking and touching their private parts either.
i need type mutation for human genetic
It sinks into your skin
I would like to know many many women die from breast cancer a day in the USA
Not generally, though it can likely impact hormonal balance, which can potentially cause a woman to seem "less womanly", for sure. Women's bodies do create a small amount of testosterone but, without the introduction of an outside catalyst for testosterone (i.e. anabolic steroids, etc.), there is no obvious reason that only this level would increase when levels of estrogen and progesterone (the "feminizing" hormones) might decrease. While increases in testosterone CAN, under certain circumstances, initiate… Read More
If you are having health concerns, see a doctor for appropriate direction. Early detection is critical.
various time but if you go to a support tent that has breast oil and pamphlets explaining you only have to check yourself and get comfortable with the feeling on how to do it your self.
Those are some of the signs, yes. It may still be something else, but it would be a very good idea to see a doctor.