Air Conditioning and Coolant
Ford Explorer XLT
Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning

Where can you buy a pressurized can of auto air conditioning R-134 with pag oil and leak dye?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-08-30 06:35:15
2007-08-30 06:35:15

any autozone or orileys has the kits

I've seen the combination R-134/Oil/Dye/Sealant cans at Wal-Mart. One can typically runs around $15 USD. I'd suggest one of the combination cans, and one or two of strictly coolant, depending on the required pressure. Kits including the required hose, pressure gauge, oil, sealant, refrigerant, and dye run $27 USD plus tax at Wal-Mart, as well.


Related Questions

User Avatar

It came from the factory with R12. Due to the cost of R12 I suggest you have it converted to run on R134. Have the leak fixed and convert it to R134 and save yourself some big money. R12 is no longer in production, and is very, very, expensive.

User Avatar

The 1992 GMC Suburban came from the factory with R12 not R134. Unless it is has been converted to use R134 you cannot simply add R134. If it has been converted you need to have the leak fixed before adding anything. It is illegal to add refrigerant to any system without first repairing the leak. How much it will hold depends on how much leaked out.

User Avatar

First, your 1998 Mercury contains no Freon which is R12. It contains R-134 refrigerant. You add R134 at the low pressure port. But the fact that you need to add R134 indicates you have a leak. It is illegal to add refrigerant to a system with a leak without first repairing the leak. Seek professional help and have the leak repaired.

User Avatar

Enough to recharge the system after the leak is repaired and no more.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.