Where can you find a yield sign on a road?

A yield sign in Britain is known as a give way sign. It is found at a side junction and tells a driver that if the way is clear he or she can filter onto the main road without having to come to a complete stop. Some junctions are marked with a halt sign, which means that the driver is expected to come to a complete stop, check the way is clear, and then move forward.