Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-02-08 20:03:09

Either to the custodial parent as the obligee, or to the State as reimbursement for public assistance.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

You need to check your state child support guidelines.

Usually, yes; however, some parents with joint custody pay support.

Absolutely. If they did not it would be common for noncustodial parents to slack off and not pay at all. It is not fair to the child.

As it is normally a part of the child support order, the custodial parent would.

It depends on the situation. If the adults were not together when the child support was established then they have the option of dating and then the option of removing the father from child support. It is the parents decision and best interests of the child if the noncustodial parent remains on child support unless married..

... have to [pay] child support - yes, until/unless the child is adopted.

If you're in the US, marriage automatically emancipates a minor and therefore the parents are no longer responsible for supporting them, so, no, child support does not continue. The noncustodial parent needs to file a petition to have the child support terminated.

Child support in Ohio usually continues until the child is 18, and up to the age of 21 if the child is in school. Whether or not you have to pay child support if the child is living with the noncustodial parent depends on the support order that it is in place Typically you can expect that you will have to expect to pay support.

The biological parents have to pay child support to the one who have the child whether it's a grandparent, sister or the state. If the custodial parent do not actually have the child living with them the custody order has to be changed as well as the child support order.

Child support needs to be decided on by the court. In most cases, the noncustodial parent is responsible for something. If the custodial parent makes considerably more than the noncustodial parent, monies many not even be exchanged. To resolve this issue, it is best to file papers at your court house.

Yes, as an adult you can sue a noncustodial parent for back child support. However it is a different story if the noncustodial parent has never been ordered to pay child support. You can still sue them for a percentage of their assets. I am currently working on a case in which my client is sueing his father for 15 years of back child support. Any divorce lawyer can handle this case for you.

No. Your obligation to support your own child takes priority over any subsequent support you offer for another person's child. The court would not decrease your child support obligation for that reason.

depends if they pay child support. if they do then yes because kids clothing is not cheap

It goes to the state social services division. see links below

No, only the biological parents income will be used to figure the child support amount. No step-parent income is used in the state of Maryland.

what if the noncustodial parent still reside with the custodial parent, is noncustodial parent still obligated to pay childsupport

In this situation a perons's income is considered too low to have child support enforced.

No, whether or not the obligated parent is married to the person in question is irrelevant. The law presumes that the non custodial parent is obligated to support his or her child in the same manner of living that the child would have experienced if the parents had not divorced.

In 20 years, I've never seen a requirement as most non-parents paying child support are struggling to even have a place to live.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.